Events in Storm over Europe

Hi all:

I started a 1939 Storm Over Europe campaign last weekend against the AI and I have advanced to mid august 1941, but had not read the guide that comes with it until today.

There are a couple of things that don't match to me and I wanted to post them here in case they are to be fixed:

• In the player's guide it is said that the Brittish will receive the in late '40 the Western Desert Airforce consisting of a fighter and a tactical bomber. I have not received them half a year later. Am I missing something or is there a bug?
  • Brittish DE101 states St Clair is a DD when the ship you receive is a BB, is this WAD and there's a typo in the guide or again a little glitch?
  • Brittish DE 104 states that if you accept it Yugoslavia will join the Allies but in my game they did not their war readiness nonetheless boosted to 84 or 85 iirc. Same question as before.
  • Russia DE 401: I replied no to the Winter war and in early 1940 Russia gained the Karelian Isthmus and the Hanko naval base. That was a good deal ;)

I'd appreciate if you could look into this, if I find any other things that strike me I'll post them.

And last congratulations for the new campaign and patch, this game is Great!

Rafael.

I have noticed that I can't do air recon with aircraft carriers if I have not moved them. When I press shift the cursor changes into an ? but then left clicking moves the aircraft carrier instead of performing a recon mission.

Is this working as designed?

Happens in the ww2 scenario, haven't tried with the ww1 ones.

Hi rjh1971,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game :) and I've posted a few comments to your responses below:

* For the W.D.F. this will only appear if the Axis press near Alexandria and I've corrected this in the Guide.

* The St. Clair should have been a Destroyer and I've corrected this on my end now

* For DE 104 this should have read that Yugoslavia will swing very near to joining the Allies instead and this has been corrected in the Guide as well.

* For the DE 401 issue this sounds like an error and I will take a look and correct this for the next build.

For the Carriers I will take a look at this now as well :)

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

In Storm over Europe I have seen messages where Malta hinders supplies in Tobruk, El Alamein and Alexandria, the problem here is that those cities are still in Brittish hands. Is it only a display error, does it affect german supply or brittish (this would be bad).

Regards