New file at the Repository: Le Village de Mort Scenario Pack (2011-08-08)

Since I apparently screwed up and there's no short description given above, here's the readme:

Inspired by years of playing tabletop wargames, where the repeated use of map boards is a necessity, this pack of four missions are all built on the very same map. Some of the credit must also go to the tactical decision game format, popular for training junior military leaders.

They are small missions, and short (30 minutes each). Each one presents a unique tactical situation to both sides, and they have been designed to ensure that play is not unnecessarily repetitive. There are no AI plans; they are strictly intended for head-to-head play. They have not been tested in real-time play, but they are quite small and should lend themselves well to it should players so desire.

Enjoy!

CMNormandy2011-08-0922-06-58-00.jpg

CMNormandy2011-08-0922-06-25-76.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just curious if anyone has any feedback on these. One user gave them a one-star rating but didn't leave a comment, which doesn't really tell me much. I'm more than happy to accept criticism, but a low rating without any explanation isn't very helpful to me in determining what was perceived to be wrong.

Any comments, positive or negative, are welcome.

Bimmer, I played one solo, and got 3 of my 4 M5's (or 2 of 3...can't recall precisely) nailed by a hidden AT gun in an unexpected place all in one turn(in WEGO). So, even without an AI plan, just the German defensive set-up was well-done. I viewed it as a mop-up action that turned out to have more teeth than the commander on the spot (Mini Me) expected.

Thanks for the feedback. The nature of the map (tiny) is such that the enemy is often very close. They really are primarily intended for H2H (no AI plans), but I did try to deploy forces in a way that would make them useful.

I plan on playing the other 3 some weekend afternoon...I'll consider them all scenes from Combat! (tight studio set, small actions---when there was action).:D

Just a suggestion: Since there is no separate area in Repository for H2H scenarios perhaps we could have a convention that all scenarios designed solely for H2H start with "H2H_SCENARIO_NAME".

People are always asking for H2H scenarios and it's hard to know what I have in my game folder without starting the scenario.