Why do some mods not work in v1.01?

I've just recently upgraded my CM:BN to version 1.01 with the patch but I now see that some of my precious mods aren't being loaded up such as Marco Bergmans UI mod showing basic unit penetration and protection stats and a wonderful less saturated countryside mod with grids.

I don't understand why these suddenly aren't working when all we have is a patch to a new version that changed the exceutable file. These sorts of problems have never arisen in the past with the CMx1 versions of the game so why the drama's now? What can be done to get my old mods working again?

Regards

KR

That UI mod should work. Did you temporarily disable/remove the 'Z' folder before patching, as advised IIRC? I did that, and I haven't had any troubles.

Try removing the affected mods, start the game and close it again. And then put those mods back in the 'Z' folder. See if that works.

Hi Juju.

Thanks for responding. I did move all the files out of the Z folder into another non CMBN folder before installing the patch but didn't remove the Z folder itself. When I moved all the mods back into the old Z folder after installation the UI & terrain mods weren't working for some reason. I guess I will simply delete the Z folder entirely and create a new one from scratch to see if that makes a difference, although I don't see how it could.

Regards

KR

My Marco Bergmann mod doesn't show up anymore either :(

GaJ

GreenAsJade, can you try the following: install my UI mod and see if the silhouettes show up (both our mods have those particular files). If they don't, there's a problem over at your end, if they do, the problem lies in Marco's mod itself. If the latter is the case, try re-saving some of those files so they have a more recent file date than the patch and check again.

Hope this helps,

Juju