New Bug: infantry don't abandon bunkers

Another question about bunker's:

- Why you can not check LOS from bunkers?

- I realized you can see bunkers (a brown square) and other defensive positions from a height (from example point of view 5 or 6). This always happens?

Apologies if these questions have already been made at another thread. Thanks for the replies.Regards

You can only check LOS if the bunker is crewed.

BTW, don't know if it's bug or meant to be like that, but when you put a HMG team in a Shelter type bunker the MG won't fire, not even in LMG configuration. At least for MG42.

Well, it's hard to check LOS when the Target commands do not appear as available. Which might be something related to your comment on MGs not firing from inside a bunker.

Well, it's hard to check LOS when the Target commands do not appear as available. Which might be something related to your comment on MGs not firing from inside a bunker.

I think I got it now:

hmgsinbunkers.png

As you can see, Target commands are not available. The Deploy Weapon command isn't available either. But I think it's sort of obvious why. The bunker slit is just too high, even if the MG is mounted on its tripod.

As you can see, Target commands are not available. The Deploy Weapon command isn't available either. But I think it's sort of obvious why. The bunker slit is just too high, even if the MG is mounted on its tripod.

Not sure if that is the reason. I ve had HMG fire no problem through and behind walls or in buildings where the wall/windows were clearly above canon height.

Not sure if that is the reason. I ve had HMG fire no problem through and behind walls or in buildings where the wall/windows were clearly above canon height.

I must admit that I seldom look at the pixeltruppen from so close, so I haven't noticed MG's shooting "through" walls.

But I'm pretty sure this is the reason for the problems we have found with this scenario. For whatever reason, the 1:1 physical modelling applies here.

I think bunkers are not treated as buildings are treated as a vehicles, this is the point.

IICR Steve talked about a bug of a tank commander looking at the wrong direction, this may be applies here too.

I't sounds like a bunker modeling bug.

The other bug we are dealing here, ("troops don't abandon bunkers on PBEM games"), tested and it happens to me also only on PBEM. It seems to be a different issue.

Just wondering: is it possible that these bunkers are intended as shelters and not as firing positions? Can infantry fire their rifles from them?

Michael

You're totally right, Michael. I just fired up the Scenario Editor and saw that bunkers - wooden or concrete - come in three types, MG34, MG42 and Shelter. I bought a MG Platoon an set it up in the appropiate concrete bunker type and:

hmgsinbunkers2.png

There's a wooden mount there, allowing the gunner to fix the MG and swivel it freely. So no bugs here - it's working as designed.