I can understand why pauses at all 5s intervals weren't included, but I agree, sometimes you just want that extra finesse in a WeGo turn. 2 successive Blasts take 40s, say, but you can only "go-go-go" with the assault team 5s after the second one... Hate to waste the 5s putting a Pause between the 2 Blasts.

Probably want two different pause buttons to increment it though. Tapping your way up to 1:30 pauses for RT players would be even more finicky if not.

Be nice for me if one pause button went 30s, 55s (or 50s), 1:30, 1:55 (or 1:50s) and ever onwards and the other jumping in 5s increments.

I don't use it much so correct me if I'm wrong, but it starts at 5 seconds and goes up to 1:30 then an indefinite "pause", it would make a lot more sense for the "pause" to be at the very start, maybe even have it so you can right click the button to remove the pause.

That would be great for setting up/starting a major assault in RT.

Don't get it? I've found that when you're setting up a large assault it can be useful to stop your forces trickling out one by one and biting the dust. If you set up a pause order and then plan out your initial assault, all you have to do is cancel the pause order and your guys stream off and carry out your orders, it's like ordering the assault to begin instead of micromanaging every unit after the start. That way you only have to control key elements or units that get themselves into trouble.

I don't use it much so correct me if I'm wrong, but it starts at 5 seconds and goes up to 1:30 then an indefinite "pause", it would make a lot more sense for the "pause" to be at the very start, maybe even have it so you can right click the button to remove the pause.

That would be great for setting up/starting a major assault in RT.

I've never understood the plain indefinite "pause" setting. Is it shorter than the specific times, or longer, or random? Or does it halt a unit at a specific point forever until you remove it?

When I've used pauses to separate my infantry squads as they advance from their starting positions in the "Road to Berlin" demo, nobody starts moving until a few seconds after scenario start, and a squad with a 40 second delay sometimes doesn't move at all in the first minute. [i play only WeGo, as I'm hopeless / helpless in real-time.]

I suspect there's a "realistic" randomness built into the game to make it impossible to micromanage your troops. I only have the demo, so I can't test whether conscripts tell time better than veterans.