QB Armor refuses to move

I've just patched (on Mac) to 1.01, and found something strange with a QB. I manually selected a mixed German force for a meeting engagement, 4 x StugIII and several platoons of infantry.

The problem is the Stugs refuse to obey any move orders. The infantry squads obey orders as usual, but the only movement I can get the stugs to perform is to change facing. It's like the crews are on strike.

I did get interrupted and had to save the game during deployment, before resuming it, but that wouldn't have affected anything would it? The armor isn't showing as being disabled or damaged at all.

I just tried a 2nd QB and this time got the computer to auto-select forces, and my armor moved out just fine, maybe something to do with the manual selection of forces in the first QB (?)

Has anyone else had this problem of armor not moving out? I spent so long setting the battle up, but gave up on it after 10 minutes of stationary armor.

Known problem...along with several others that came with the patch. Only effects Macs. I finally removed the patched version and installed a clean copy of 1.00 from the disk. I may not have all the goodies that supposedly came with the patch, but at least I can play again.

Michael

FWIW I had the same problem. I ended up deleting the game, doing a complete reinstall & then applying only the updated patch & after that vehicles move after restoring a save again. I suspect something in the first patch caused the problem & while the updated patch didn't fix the problem, it didn't have the problem either, so give it a try.

Jyri

Known problem...along with several others that came with the patch. Only effects Macs. I finally removed the patched version and installed a clean copy of 1.00 from the disk. I may not have all the goodies that supposedly came with the patch, but at least I can play again.

Michael

This isn't a known problem. Beyond Lion and permissions problems there are no known problems that "came with the patch" that weren't solved by the latest hotfix.

If you've applied the latest 1.01 patch and you're still getting this problem with saved games / PBEMs / QBs started or created *with the latest 1.01 patch*, it's a new bug and I'll need saved games and bug reports, please.

If you've applied the latest 1.01 patch and you're still getting this problem with saved games / PBEMs / QBs started or created *with the latest 1.01 patch*, it's a new bug and I'll need saved games and bug reports, please.

Alas, the game I observed this in was saved from 1.00. Sorry, Phil.

Michael

Thanks Michael. We should have a Lion-compatible (in several ways) patch coming out soon.

If anyone *does* come across this problem in saves created with the latest 1.01 patch please send those files to me. PM me if you need my email address.

I'm not sure this is relevant in this instance but I found (last week) that some of the latest v1.01 Mac patches download sights were not updated with the

latest v1.01 Mac patch and when installed did nothing.

Atomicgamer and eprision were good for me.

If you have data in white lettering in the lower right hand part of the game playing screen (in my case ) it means I have the proper and latest patch installed.

Otherwise I had problems with movement orders on all vehicles and had issues with AI running enemy troops to the edge of the map.

If I am missing your real issue please disregard and blame the couple of Rum and Coke I have consumed...:D

If you have data in white lettering in the lower right hand part of the game playing screen (in my case ) it means I have the proper and latest patch installed.

Otherwise I had problems with movement orders on all vehicles and had issues with AI running enemy troops to the edge of the map.

That's interesting, I patched to 1.01 and the startup screen showed 1.01, but I definitely didn't get any data in white lettering in the lower RH screen. So if I understand you correctly the missing fps info etc indicates that I did not have the latest patch despite downloading it a couple days after it was made available.

I will try re-downloading the patch and applying it to my fresh install of CMBN.

Is there any other way of telling from a downloaded patch that it is the "all new improved patch" ?

Answering my own question about how do you tell whether you have the good Mac 1.01 patch or the earlier 1.01 patch:

Select the downloaded zip file and then command-i (get info).

The file size of the original patch is 50,261,519 bytes

The file size of the new, good patch is 49,851,426 bytes

Once again the main screen shows version 1.01 but now during a game I have the FPS readout, LOS etc on the lower right corner of the screen, so I have the proper patch in place now. I'm guessing I won't have the problem of disobedient tank crews any more.

Thanks everyone for their help and input.

Lovely - let me know if that works, Collingwood. Sorry for the confusion, guys - we'll have a better system in place next time in case there's a need for hotfixes. At the moment we're a bit hamstrung.

Nicdain, as noted above, do you have FPS information in the lower-right corner of the screen while playing scenarios? That'll tell you if you actually have the latest patch. If you DO have the FPS information, and QBs you've started since patching have armor that's refusing to move, please send me a saved game.

Thanks everybody.

Phil, actually the issue of armor not moving happened in a scenario, not a QB. The scenario is "A strange awakening" and the issue affects the M3 halftracks of the 3rd platoon arriving as reinforcements.

I should have a savegame, but I am currently at work so I cannot send you til this evening

Phil, actually the issue of armor not moving happened in a scenario, not a QB. The scenario is "A strange awakening" and the issue affects the M3 halftracks of the 3rd platoon arriving as reinforcements.

I should have a savegame, but I am currently at work so I cannot send you til this evening

Thanks Nicdain, that would be very helpful. It's 2AM where I am so your "evening" should be a more comfortable time for me anyway. :)

PM me for contact info if you don't already have my email. Please also confirm that you've got the FPS info on-screen as well - that'll tell us which iteration of 1.01 you have.

Thanks Nicdain, that would be very helpful. It's 2AM where I am so your "evening" should be a more comfortable time for me anyway. :)

PM me for contact info if you don't already have my email. Please also confirm that you've got the FPS info on-screen as well - that'll tell us which iteration of 1.01 you have.

OK, so good night! :D I'll contact you in 9 hours

Answering my own question about how do you tell whether you have the good Mac 1.01 patch or the earlier 1.01 patch:

Select the downloaded zip file and then command-i (get info).

The file size of the original patch is 50,261,519 bytes

The file size of the new, good patch is 49,851,426 bytes

Once again the main screen shows version 1.01 but now during a game I have the FPS readout, LOS etc on the lower right corner of the screen, so I have the proper patch in place now. I'm guessing I won't have the problem of disobedient tank crews any more.

Thanks everyone for their help and input.

My patches show 50,895,998 bytes and 50,484,282 bytes, respectively. I'm starting to wonder if not all the updated patches have really been updated at the downloading sites because they are different sizes even now.

It seems that some of the updated Mac patches didn't get properly updated at some of the mirrors that first go around, so I didn't actually have the proper patch. Application of the proper patch DID solve the problem, even on an existing saved game, so thanks very much to Phil for helping me work out that issue speedily. The key to know if you have the right patch, as others have mentioned, is seeing the LOS digits, etc. in white at the lower right corner of the map.

I am having all these problems and one more to boot. The arrow keys used to control pitch, but the down arrow has stopped doing this.

I have attempted to redownload the patch as suggested in this thread but I have no way of knowing whether the second (third, fourth, fifth) attempts at downloading the patch are overwriting the first or not. I don't see any white lettering in the lower right hand part of the game playing screen as suggested above.

I am not running lion, I am running 10.6.8. I would really like to play this game as I have never played a PBEM game of CM in any version. This is my first taste of the game. The tutorials have got me very anxious to play, but so far, no luck.

If I can supply saved games and any other information to help solve the bug I would be happy to help.

If you're not seeing the lettering then the patch hasn't applied properly. There were a ton of permissions issues with the first patch installers.

Thanks for the offer of help. I would love to get a list of the mirrors you downloaded from - I can pass them along to our mirror guy so he can check on the status of their updates. If it's just "all of the servers" well... then it's likely a permissions issue. If you could try (if you don't have a ton of saved games you're attached to) re-installing 1.0 and installing one of the freshly-downloaded patches over it that would give me some info to work with as well.

Believe me, I want you guys to be able to play the game, not be forced to sit around waiting! If I'd had my druthers I would have put out a patch over that first weekend, but frankly so many different things have come to light with Lion, our DRM, and the game over the last two weeks. I'm glad I was held back by waiting on the DRM company and our mirrors so I was able to fix things and test them properly without putting out fifth, sixth, and seventh hotfixes.