QB Armor refuses to move

I am having all these problems and one more to boot. The arrow keys used to control pitch, but the down arrow has stopped doing this.

I have attempted to redownload the patch as suggested in this thread but I have no way of knowing whether the second (third, fourth, fifth) attempts at downloading the patch are overwriting the first or not. I don't see any white lettering in the lower right hand part of the game playing screen as suggested above.

I am not running lion, I am running 10.6.8. I would really like to play this game as I have never played a PBEM game of CM in any version. This is my first taste of the game. The tutorials have got me very anxious to play, but so far, no luck.

If I can supply saved games and any other information to help solve the bug I would be happy to help.

Wonderjeep, if you want to approach this systematically, you could download this known GOOD patch that I put up (Mac only):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4069571/Combat%20Mission%20Battle%20for%20Normandy%201.01%20Patch-%20WORKS.pkg.zip

When you are installing, and it asks for the installation destination, choose the hard disk icon and then you should see a button for choosing the right folder--just to make sure it's going to the right place.

If the game still doesn't work, I would delete it, reinstall and use the known good patch, then try it again.

Hope this helps.

Good work Hull down, I was getting to the point of putting the known good patch up on a site for wonderjeep. So far the uncertainty of exactly which patch is being downloaded from what mirror has tripped up a lot of us, there's bound to be more people with the same problem coming along.

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the patch from Hull Down and after applying it CMBN crashes on launch. I reinstalled and tried again, same thing. I reinstalled and downloaded the patch again via a link on BFs site and applied the patch. It launched OK but I have no white numbers and the vehicles still freeze.

Any news on when a decent patch may be available?

Cheers

Only the Atomicgamer patch is known good. We've been in contact with our other mirrors and so far as I know they haven't updated their links. Also, while we appreciate your hosting Hull down it's best to download patches to our games from the mirrors and NOT from people you don't know that aren't working for BFC (and even then to be sure it's official you still want to download actual patches from the mirrors). There's no offense intended, it's just not safe.

We've been waiting since last week on a patch from our DRM company to fix a bunch of crashes. It came Thursday. We got a test version to our testers Thursday night and they found a problem with the installer that I've been working on since then. I'm hoping to have something out to you guys early next week. I'll try and keep all of the various threads updated.

No offense is intended here because the game makers and Mac support seem to work hard for their money. Anyway good point about not downloading from unknown sources so the file is now removed. But this patch issue has been the biggest hassle with the game, and it's a little unfathomable to me why the route for getting out patches on the Mac is so weak. It seems like there are a lot better alternatives than these PITA mirrors the company is using. We gamers try to be resourceful and pick up the slack if we have to, but it's not desirable.