Few Questions

Unsure about a few things.

1. If you give a unit a Hide command and then a Covered Arc will they fire as soon as something enters arc? It seemed, in a recent scenario, that happened sometimes but in other cases the units kept hiding as something entered the arc.

2. Some German Rifle squads have AT Grenades. I assume these are thrown like other grenades? How effective are they?

3. Can infantry assault a tank and if so are there prerequisites? For example, do they have to have AT Grenades or regular grenades? How close should they be before an assault command would have a chance of working?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

1. If you give a unit a Hide command and then a Covered Arc will they fire as soon as something enters arc? It seemed, in a recent scenario, that happened sometimes but in other cases the units kept hiding as something entered the arc.

2. Some German Rifle squads have AT Grenades. I assume these are thrown like other grenades? How effective are they?

3. Can infantry assault a tank and if so are there prerequisites? For example, do they have to have AT Grenades or regular grenades? How close should they be before an assault command would have a chance of working?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

2. Those are AT rifle grenades.

3. Yes, if they have grenades or satchel charges. Only thing you need to do is move them right next to the tank. "Assault" is a movement order. It does not tell the unit to attack something.

Hide restricts the spotting of the hidden unit. Covered Arc means they have to feel very threatened to fire outside the arc area. If the reduced spotting of Hide means they don't see the target, they won't even fire on it once it enters the area. I expect the troops' soft ratings (Leadership, Motivation, Experience) affect how often they stick their heads up while Hiding, and how likely they are to spot any given target.

Only time I've seen this happen, it happened through a high Bocage. The assaulting team was immediately adjacent to the hedge, as was the target StuG. It happened as soon as the infantry recognised the target for what it was (and was over so quickly I missed it first time around...); they weren't any special team, but they did have grenades.