German campaign

Hi De Savage,

I am working on a German Campaign. It will be placed at the same day and at the same sector like "Panzer Marsch" but some things will be different:

1. You will play a company of the Panzer-Lehr-Division, which is Part of the KG Schoene, attacking along the way to Le Mesnil Veneron.

2. It will include more battles (6-8).

3. I tried to make the campaign a bit more realistic than "Panzer Marsch" or "Le Desert", especially some details.

Most of the maps are already finished and during the next days I will ask here for some playtesters for the single scenarios. So, I hope to complete the campaign during the next 6-8 weeks. It will be the first of a series of campaigns, where you command a company of Panzerlehr - from the first fights against the British in June 44 to the last try to break through the eastfront of the "Ruhrkessel" in April 45.

Regards Frank

I'm also developing a German campaign about the 116. Panzerdivision in the Mortain counterattack. Everything is finished pending the results of testing.

I thought the 116th didn't participate in the Mortain counterattack?

Wasn't it busy defending itself?

Anyways any German campaign is welcome.

I myself was thinking about a campaign on 2nd Pz in the Mortain counterattack, but couldn't find enough information/interesting battles in CMBN terms

Now I'm somehow planning to convert the Company of Heroes Panzerelite campaign for the Market Garden module ;)

Btw. I would offer to do testing for your campaign and others, too.

I thought the 116th didn't participate in the Mortain counterattack?

Wasn't it busy defending itself?

According to Antony Beevor's D-Day: The Battle for Normandy, the 116th attacked in the direction of Chérencé-le-Roussel, but (historically) was beaten off by 1/39 Infantry and 746th Tk Btn. The attack (historically, again) was not carried out with great commitment by the German commander, unlike the 2nd Panzer's on the 116th's southern flank, but my campaign presumes differently. (It also presumes that the 116th delayed its advance to 0500 to coordinate its actions with 2nd Panzer. Primarily, this was done to avoid another German night campaign, but IMO it also makes at least some sense ;)).

Hey guys,

the first scenario of my campaign "A bloody ride" is now ready for playtesting. Some details like maps, briefing etc. are not complete yet but this follows when the scenario has been tested. I have already one tester but if anyone wants, I send it to him.

My e-mail: f-s-zbg@web.de

Regards

Frank