Devi's Descent (anything similar?)

I want to open up with really giving respect to the designer, not only a fun campaign but a fantastic background work!

My question- is there any other campaign similar to it? I understand none would probably have such "designer notes" and COA choice, but I'm thinking of an infantry company level vs. infantry in a non-frustrating campaign.

Thanks!

Try "A Bridge too close" by bardosy. Great little mini-campaign with a company of paratroopers. You get some more units in the last battle, but by then you will probably be depleted enough to need them :).

bardosy is just reworking this campaign a bit and will soon reupload it to the repository (I guess?), so keep an eye on that.

A big part of the reason for Devil's Descent being so fun was the scale of the battles, besides of course the decision making element.

When I load up a new campaign/battle and I see a mass of vehicles, I'm like, "oh boy.. do I want to deal with this?". The vehicle AI is absolutely terrible and hasn't been improved since the first one (it seems that way at least), and I hate dealing with the idiots driving my vehicles.

Controlling a few squads made me care more about each unit and it was much more involving. I felt like I was more personally involved.

A big part of the reason for Devil's Descent being so fun was the scale of the battles, besides of course the decision making element.

When I load up a new campaign/battle and I see a mass of vehicles, I'm like, "oh boy.. do I want to deal with this?". The vehicle AI is absolutely terrible and hasn't been improved since the first one (it seems that way at least), and I hate dealing with the idiots driving my vehicles.

Controlling a few squads made me care more about each unit and it was much more involving. I felt like I was more personally involved.

Thanks for posting this; it gave me an idea to improve my next campaign! :)

It will be bigger, but hopefully you'll still enjoy it. In any event, I will be returning to this scale campaign soon.

• 3 months later...

Absolutly right!