Land Mine Coverage Mod

How easy would it be to create a mod that changes the ground icon for land mines from the "bear claw" to a base that shows the exact area covered by one placed "unit" of mines? It would make placing and marking mines an easier task. Also, I'm assuming that one unit of mines covers one action square? Would anyone be willing to create this small mod? I would experiment and make it myself but I don't have the time to get into it these days b/c of 2 kids under 2 years old here :/

Also, I'm assuming that one unit of mines covers one action square?

I assumed the opposite--that each "unit" is only one mine because you can pack alot of them into one action square. I've asked before, but have never gotten a definitive answer.

Anyone?:confused:

I've learned the hard way that a single mine marker on an action spot can down several men in separate explosions, so I think each unit is a field covering the entire action spot.

Once in the road to Montebourg I've seen an action spot containing two mine markers. I could mark one, but the other refused to 'get marked' even after extended attention from some engineers. I needed the engineers elsewhere so didn't investigate the double marker thing any further.

I think a mine field covers an entire action spot and there´s a certain percentage of risk that a unit will set of mines if it passes through that action spot.

Thus, it is possible - but not very likely - that a unit might actually have the fortune of avoiding all mines put in the area, while another one isn´t so lucky. Just me guessing too.