HQ Support unit

The US HQ support units don't contain the XO, or at least there is a seperate XO unit for most formations.

I think it contains the First Shirt and various clerks, RTOs and runners.

I've used them as an extra AT team with a Bazooka acquired from a Jeep, in trail behind the advance to administer buddy aid and salvage key weapons, a large scout team, and even as FO's in a pinch.

I have used them as relay stations for onboard mortars. If they have a radio just plant them near your tubes and you should be able to have your spotter anywhere.

And I think I used them in one game so that mortar section hq was beside the mortars with radio, company hq a little bit further with radio and the Xo team close to the front near a platoon hq without a radio and that platoon hq was able to call support from those mortars.

The US HQ support units don't contain the XO, or at least there is a seperate XO unit for most formations.

I think it contains the First Shirt and various clerks, RTOs and runners.

I've used them as an extra AT team with a Bazooka acquired from a Jeep, in trail behind the advance to administer buddy aid and salvage key weapons, a large scout team, and even as FO's in a pinch.

You are correct. The "HQ Support" team in the parachute rifle company does not contain the XO (asst leader) of the company.

Unit I was thinking of is "1st Team - HQ Support" in the Rifle Company Weapons Platoon. This does include the platoon's assistant leader and will form a new HQ if the HQ is destroyed.