Any road mods out there

To me the terrain graphics in CMBN are great except for the roads. They, to me, aren't an improvement over CMX1. Sometimes they break the immersion for me they are so out of character with the rest of the graphics. Hopefully BF will be improving them in latter games of the WW2 series. Road improvement, always an ongoing thing.

I should have been more explicit. I'm talking about the paved roads and in particular sections on the paved roads where a dirt road intersects with them. The dirt roads are good they even have embankments and drop offs on the low side. But hopefully BF or modders can get rid of the little pavement protrusions where a dirt road intersects with a paved road. Not too bad in the country where only a few dirt roads intersect with the paved road but in a town where multiple dirt roads intersect with the paved road it just dose not look natural to me.

+1 to the mod request. In particular, I'd really love to see a mod to the "highway" tile that makes it just a smoother, wide blacktop highway surface and not cobblestones. The existing highway tile looks nice, but it's not a highway -- it looks more like a wide urban boulevard that you'd use in a big city or for a Paris parade down the Champs Elysees.

I agree on the highway tiles, but actually I don't know how the Route Nationales were looking in Normandy in 1944.

The dirt roads look a little bit too much like a track in a city park . I would prefer the middle section showing some weeds and grass.

But what I would like to see modded first are the marsh tiles. I guess most designers now use them to make brooks and creeks meandering through prairies at the higher elevations. I would look nice if they would actually show some water in it. I remember Thomas Klimish made some excellent adaptation in CMBO .

The paved roads in addition to the protrusions where dirt roads join the pavement are too pristine with no wear at all. They, to me, look like they have been painted onto smooth dirt. At least the edges should show some wear and tear and should not be an unbroken straight line. Once again the dirt roads, to me, look very good, but there could be a little rutting on them. I'v thought of undertaking the project myself but I know absolutely nothing about modding and I'm afraid that it would make my head explode. There are lots of road mods in CMX1 are they particularly difficult to do in CMX2 ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you patboy, yes I think that those would work quite nicely.:) Are they available? That solves the road mod. How about some building mods? I've searched green as jade and the repository for building mods and either missed them or there aren't any. The buildings in the country side in CMBN all look like they were just constructed. I thought that most of the farm houses, barns and other out houses were at least a hundred years old or more. Am I wrong? The mods to me are an essential element for getting immersed in the game. I've held off playing any more scenarios until the first patch comes out and until I've got the game all modded up. Modders make a great contribution to the game.:)