Infantry "Spread out" command

Every war movie I've eve seen had the nco yappin, "SPREAD OUT!!" to the active platoon. You know I would love to have a command like this when advancing, maybe have the squad spread out over four or five hexes instead of the normal one or two. Even when in a defensive position, the ability to disperse the men without losing C2 would be a neat feature for those god awful mortar barrages or just to mitigate bunching.

Anyway, I was thinking of that the weekend when I was playing.

Nice idea, instead of having the teams of a squad in adjacent squares have the separated by at least one square, that should do the trick. Might even be nice to have a toggle for 0,1,2 square separation.

Until then I guess you could separate the squad into teams and move them as a group manually.

Use the 'split' button and your squad will divide into 2 or 3 teams of 2-5 men (depending on the squad). You can then spread them out. Its a matter of experience and practice to place them within visual/verbal range to keep them in C2 depending on the terrain. 50m would be a good start.

Yea, I use the separate command all the time, I guess I'm asking for a feature that cuts down on the total number of icon clicks. Sometimes I can lose track of what, and seeing that C2 clearly is the most important element of this game (without force cohesion, it becomes a mess rather fast), I was thinking of this this weekend while playing.

I have thought of ways that this game could perhaps do that. One possibility that comes to mind is the system that Sudden Strike used which is an action spot for each individual by using an underlying "action spot" grid 3m x 3m which is smaller than what the game curently uses at 8m x 8m. The key would be to have grid tiles (action spots) the size of a single man then a "spread out" command would work as it did in Sudden Strike2" for example hit the command and the troops put 5 squars between them. Not sure if this engine could programmed to do that. Here is a shot of the terrain grid from that game. Each square is the size of one man.

Definingterraincopy.jpg