What mods are you using?

I'm currently running with:

Vein's skies, expolosions and smoke, support chatter, terrain desaturation, flames, small arms muzzle flaches, tank muzzle flashes, and tracers.

Wolfe reduced terrain shimmer, reduced road shimmer.

Rambler's weapons skins.

TWC icon mod

Juju's tweaked UI

Oddball's soundmod MKII

Mords' immersive American voices

Dietrich's German voices

Bodkin's soundmodV2

Bil Hardenberger's hex shaped bases

Ellisam's US helmet net

Mark Saunder's US divisioinal patches

My own intro, splash and battle end music, consisting of Band of Brothers theme, the old CMBO intro music, and Marlene Dietrich's "Lili Marlene".

I'm pretty sure some are overriding others, but I'm happy with the results.

For the UI i'm using a mix of Jujus, Marco Bergmans and Niessuhs ui mods.

Other mods:

Bils gridded grass.

Veins tracers, skies, explosions and smoke.

Scipios muzzle fire and flames.

Oddballs sound mod.

Ramblers weapons.

And finally DeutschRitters icons, Niessuhs base markers and Seqoiuas mine markers.

All good stuff, thanks guys :)

As a mod slut from the old days, I have a lot of mods. But the problem is that without a huge investment of time in checking, reloading the game over and over etc. how do you know which ones are active and which are interfering?

One of the things I liked about the "simpler" CM1 is that it was easy to compare .bmp files directly, so you knew what you were going to get.

As a mod slut from the old days, I have a lot of mods. But the problem is that without a huge investment of time in checking, reloading the game over and over etc. how do you know which ones are active and which are interfering?

One of the things I liked about the "simpler" CM1 is that it was easy to compare .bmp files directly, so you knew what you were going to get.

i think the "easiest" way (and the one ive chosen by the way) is to unpack all the compressed mods using the mod tools, and then just have a quick look in the folders to see if there are any files that overlap (you can usually suss out what mods might overlap, like soundmods, GUI mods and such) and then remove the ones (or merge) that you dont want.

ok, lets see here, ive got the following:

Bil's Ground-Gridded

Marder IIIM Saturnin

Mord's Immersive American Voice Mod

Mord's No Music Mod

Niessuh outer grid

Hex shaped marker mod

small fortification icons

us helmet net

my soundmod (duh!)

Niessuh icon contact balkenkreuz

Ramblers Weapons

Veins Flames

Veins Germans

Veins tracers (short red)

Juju's tweaked UI

then i have a few i put together from CM:SF mods.

Smoke, explosions and muzzleflashes (combined with veins new muzzleflash for CM:BN).

also lensflares from CM:SF

i know a few of those are veins and a few are from someone elses mod (but there arent that many so it should be easy to find them)

also, someone put up some background sounds to use, but they put them up as .mp3's and suggested you use them separately in windows mediaplayer, but i converted a few of them to .wav's and replaced the originals.

thats what ive got so far. sorry if i missed some names of the mod creators, but i just went off my z folder in the game.

I have pretty much what Oddball has plus Waffen SS; Divisional Patches/Uniforms; all of the sadly very few vehicle mods; all Vein's and Mord's stuff etc.

It gets complicated when so many conflict. In CM1 it was easy to get a "final version" bmp folder. As was said earlier, in CM2 one has to unpack the mods and look thru em all and then then redo them. It's an extra one or two steps. I don't have the time or patience anymore.