Perv Confesion- I Love Bocage

Seems like everybody got beef with the Bocage.

After the desert I love it.

First off, some frustratiosn sometimes on two, no three things:

1. Sometimes hard to see gaps. But most times no problem now- skim camera on the shadow side, and some have brown earth by them.

2. Low hedges and bocage- arrh sometimes I'm just not sure, usually if tired.

3. Some maps are short on gaps. I reason ok maybe some areas where very short on gaps; but over do it in CM maps and it starts to feel like a linear shooter.

(Oh, yeah, frustration with seeing gaps. Would love some improvement, but any errors I/AI make in game are easily rationalised with Real Life errors grunts make reading the ground)

But still I love the bocage fighting. Great for infantry. Great for concealed movement; hit and run, flanking moves, mobile defence; moving reserves, feints, concentration of force.

Mannn that ****'s almost as good as woodland. Shiiit, why people got to be complainin...

Damn right or fraqued up?

Seems like everybody got beef with the Bocage.

After the desert I love it.

I long for the steppe.

No matter how much vodka you drink, Normandy just isn't the same.

After I get some more practice with it I'll probably enjoy bocage. ATM it just makes me want to call down 5 min. worth of 155mm on the whole map.

Well, my troops will hug one safe edge...

I think the bocage terrain is the perfect situation for CM, at least with respect to infantry (or infantry supported by small numbers of tanks). CM is basically a simulation of company level combat. In the bocage, companies were forced to operate mostly isolated from each other. In an operational sense, the only requirement was to keep companies from getting too far ahead or behind each other. This really fits well with the scale of CM better than almost anything else.

Love it, works really well :)

About the gaps, I find that if you place any vegetation on the gap square it's really hard to see, especially bushes. I like to put a tree on at least one side of it, if you have a tree either side of the gap it's really easy to spot. Of course, you can't do this all the time or it'd look silly.

Love it, works really well :)

About the gaps, I find that if you place any vegetation on the gap square it's really hard to see, especially bushes. I like to put a tree on at least one side of it, if you have a tree either side of the gap it's really easy to spot. Of course, you can't do this all the time or it'd look silly.

I do the same :)

So never forgott that bocage surrounding fields and you have always an access to it, farmer must work on it

Nice points guys.

I'm looking forward to East Front but I surely do look forward to Huertgen Forest more. Tactics take a small change in woods for me. Hunt gets used more, and concentration of force.

Elmar, yes will be interesting, and I beleive some more hills that end of the scrap?

Talking of close in fighting, forgot to mention a fun one- Ambush. Pulled a couple off so far.

So far I'm using regular tactics:

of supression especially if I've got Shermans.

Sometimes recon by fire especially the corners sometimes.

Flank baby, flank as often as I can.

Ah stupid, nearly forgot indirect HE clears the way.

Any specials out there?