Convenient way to play WEGO in LAN mode.

For those new players that want to discover the joy of WEGO LAN play:

This is how I set up a game of WEGO in LAN play. What I do, is set up two share folders on my desktop. One share folder is created by my opponent and the other by me. Then, I also open the incoming and outgoing email folders under game files on top of my desktop and leave them open. He does the same on his computer. Once my opponent ends his turn, he places his file from his outgoing email into his share folder. I then copy the file from his share folder into my incoming email folder. I then load this file from the "saved game" option in game menu. Now, the nice thing is, that you do not have to exit the CMBN program. Just Alt Tab it, so you can do other stuff while waiting for your file. Once I finish my turn, I copy it from my outgoing email folder into my share folder. He then grabs it from there and places it into his incoming email folder. Round and round we go like this all day. We tried real time, but this is so much better. Both of us are using Windows 7. Creating share folders between Vista and Windows 7 involves more steps and is not as straight forward as between two Windows 7 systems. In Windows 7 you create your share folder inside " network/your computer name". Then just drag it on to your desktop for easy access.

Maybe, the real question is if it really deserves to be such a low priority as it seems to be. BF created Wego mode and seemed to be really proud of it to boot. Leaving it out in Tcp/ip mode seems...strange, to say the least. It's kind of like if Quake would've been released without a deathmatch mode. Sure, there could be other modes, but deathmatch is the bread and butter of the Quake-series just like Wego is the bread and butter of the Combat Mission-series and I really don't feel that it deserves to be put aside even if it would take some effort to code.

I agree wholeheartedly - WeGo is the creative jewel in the CM series.

I think WeGo when I think CM, but to be honest the realtime with pauses is a great way to play...and I'd do it IF there was a way to review the action.

There is so much great stuff going on that I miss seeing when playing RT that even though I think that it's probably a better mode for solitaire, I'll play the vast majority of my games WeGo.