I seem to recall in the CMx1 games that by hitting a key (Enter I believe) you could pull up a window that gave you detailed info about support weapons, tanks, etc. Maybe I missed it in the manual but how do I get this detail in CMBN? Specifically how do I know the range of various support weapons like bazookas, etc?

I seem to recall in the CMx1 games that by hitting a key (Enter I believe) you could pull up a window that gave you detailed info about support weapons, tanks, etc. Maybe I missed it in the manual but how do I get this detail in CMBN? Specifically how do I know the range of various support weapons like bazookas, etc?

Look in the center of the UI on the bottom while the unit is selected. All of the information the game has on a weapon/equipment/vehicle can be found there.

Just wanted to bump this back up. Not sure I'm clear yet. Is it true the only way to determine the range of a bazooka or faust, etc is by installing a mod?

Look at page 169 of the manual, there you can see pictures of where the max range of the weapon is displayed (under the outline of the weapon). The only exception to this is the Panzerfaust (30m) and rifle grenades.

Just wanted to bump this back up. Not sure I'm clear yet. Is it true the only way to determine the range of a bazooka or faust, etc is by installing a mod?

No, dedicated crewed weapons show the range in the interface beneath the black profile picture of the weapon. If the bazooka or panzershreck is part of a multi-team squad, split off the AT team and you will see the interface for this team change to a dedicated crewed weapon.

The range of panzerfausts is contained in the name. Panzerfaust 30 and 30k have a range of 30m.

No it's not included like CMx1. Steve has pointed out that development time was limited so they focused on other areas. He did state that they are looking at UI enhancements to give more information to the player presumably by patch.

look through my posting history and you should be able to see Steve's reply.

Sluggo,

Infantry weapons:

A pistol, though included in the game, is hardly a combat weapon. Get beyond a few yards and, in a fight, you'd be lucky to hit a barn door.

SMGs, 50 yards tops. Currently the game has pixeltruppen opening up with them at 100 yards plus, but that is an acknowledged flaw and going to be fixed.

Rifles, generally, in the game call it 300 yards. They can score hits at greater range, but don't rely on it - more harassing fire than effective.

Bazooka type weapons, ignoring the one shot German stuff, 100 yards if you are lucky but better to let the armour get in closer.

Everything else is effective at the sort of ranges you are likely to see targets in the Normandy campaign.

What more do you need?