Hedges vs. Bocage

Need help in differentiating between hedges and bocage particularly the small type. I was playing an armor only QB and planned my flanking tanks' move only to be foiled by impassable small bocage which I thought were hedges.

Is there an easy way to differenciate between the two? I even examined my intended path close up... maybe I need to take extra courses in botany or forestry...

It would be of great help if some kind modder would make the hedge a very different hue of green so that it can be seen even from a distance. Help please.. Thanks

Hedge is light obstacle for armor and infantry - they only slowdown and infantry can jump over it.

Light and heavy bocage is totally different. Armors and other vehicles (except Rhino Sherman) cannot pass them. You can add small gaps to hedge so infantry can move through hedge. Engineers can blast through and make a hole - you need two blast to make wide hole for vehicles.

It's not hard to tell them apart once you recognize their size differences. A simple hedge is very thin, and it's about up to knee. Low bocage and tall bocage are of the same thickness, which is like three or four times as thick as a hedge. Their tops are also a lot more uneven compared to a hedge.

Here's a profile view. Notice the thickness.

XTRTJ.jpg

I noticed this (stupidity/error) too. The only hedges that are knee or hip high are modern decorative hedges. The typical English or European hedge is from solar plexus level to over your head. English country hedges are often more like low bocage. It's pretty much the same in the Normandy region.

Excellent concealment/LOS blockers, but poor cover. Unless they are on buillt up embankments. (1-4 ft high and 2-6 ft wide of dirt)

What did you base your hedge research on Battlefront?

Nigel Steel