Collapsed Buildings

• 1 month later...

Could size of the building or squad be an issue here? Because in my recent play of Chance Encounter 2.0 I had no difficulty getting my three-man HQ to move into a leveled, small building. Did not try a full platoon. The building in question was one of the small courtyard buildings of the cathedral.

Yes a small building but it was a small squad lots had died.

Empty space either side so did not want to risk men being out in open so I went for a nearby building but the men ran in and then ran out again and got shot!!!

The next nearby building I tried the door at rear did not work so men ran round front and died in open...

All in all a tad frustrating....

I will try with larger rubble when I create some...

I experienced what I think is a bug as I was testing my latest scenario. One building was attacked with HE an collapsed. Two minutes after that an american squad enters the rubble, and surprisingly,...starts climbing to the second floor. Was fun to watch them climb in the air and start shooting, "no more windows, hurrah!" they may have thought.:D

Guess it was an "independent" style building...the ones that entirely collapse after few mortar shell hits? Think "independent" and "modular" style buildings are treated somewhat different in the game, from my latest observations in my MOUT prototype scenario.

Yes small wood building if memory serves me well. Not a large one. Lots of dead Americans in it so maybe flies and the dead scared the Germans off the pile?

It would be good to know the different protection levels. Seemed like my men in a barn were mowed down fairly quickly yet Americans in 3 story building pretty safe. That I guess should be the case. Not played enough to know for sure that is how it is modelled.

I experienced what I think is a bug as I was testing my latest scenario. One building was attacked with HE an collapsed. Two minutes after that an american squad enters the rubble, and surprisingly,...starts climbing to the second floor. Was fun to watch them climb in the air and start shooting, "no more windows, hurrah!" they may have thought.:D

Sounds like you should e-mail the save if you have it to Battlefront?

It would be good to know the different protection levels. Seemed like my men in a barn were mowed down fairly quickly yet Americans in 3 story building pretty safe. That I guess should be the case. Not played enough to know for sure that is how it is modelled.

...there´s 2-3 story independent style buildings as well. If the rubble tile is ugly looking, then it´s most likely from independent building. I guess, modular buildings are more massively built and offer better protection.

Thxs Rockin I am learning new tidbits... Pity no consistent RW approach. I.e. All rubble = protection and somewhere to hide better than in open ground....

At least I now know how it is coded....

The hard part is potting these 3 story independent buildings? Anything that size is surely going to offer cover!!!

Another one for Battlefront?

When I was playing "Closing the Pocket" as the Americans, there was some rubble that I couldn't plot a waypoint into. I think the building just didn't actually straddle any Action points, being placed in between them and only small. I eventually gave up fiddling, and plotted the WP past the rubble, hoping to be able to stop them before they got out of it. They stopped of their own accord.

When I was playing "Closing the Pocket" as the Americans, there was some rubble that I couldn't plot a waypoint into. I think the building just didn't actually straddle any Action points, being placed in between them and only small. I eventually gave up fiddling, and plotted the WP past the rubble, hoping to be able to stop them before they got out of it. They stopped of their own accord.

Good point with buildings placed "off center"! Worth checking for other issues with this placement as well.

"Face" toward that buildings from the outside, may also result to movement into the building tile itself, as "face" is more like a "search for cover" vs. pointed action spot.