What cannot be blasted through?

para

Far as I know anything that is a standing barrier can be blasted through...walls, buildings, Interior buildings walls, hedges etc. That's basically everything you see in the game. What else is there?

Mord.

I see what you are getting at but I was speaking about direct things that we place on the map...walls and the like...yeah, berms made from terrain mesh are a no go 'cause they really only deform with a crater hole...no way to knock a hole through the ground. I should've been more specific. But seems you solved the problem already so that's good.

I'm looking forward to the map...I'd actually made a test one the other night just to see if I could represent the landings and it worked pretty cool.

Mord.

I see what you are getting at but I was speaking about direct things that we place on the map...walls and the like...yeah, berms made from terrain mesh are a no go 'cause they really only deform with a crater hole...no way to knock a hole through the ground. I should've been more specific. But seems you solved the problem already so that's good.

I'm looking forward to the map...I'd actually made a test one the other night just to see if I could represent the landings and it worked pretty cool.

Mord.

Any chance of a peep at your map? ;-)

Sure, It's REALLY basic though...I was just going by imagination...screwing around no real thought was put into it...didn't do any measuring of distant or anything...just wanted to get an idea of what was possible.

I think the game will cover the landings nicely as long as people keep in mind that the troops are wading in after already being dropped. There's really no reason whatsoever to try and simulate landing craft...the lack there of didn't even phase me and my imagination took over watching the guys making their way ashore...I can only imagine how cool it's gonna be with a lot of thought and planning put behind it.

beach0.png

beachr.png

beach5g.png

beach2.png

beach3k.png

You could also start the troops in the backs of (partly sunken) halftracks that are turned around backwards. That way, you'd also have the covering fire from the "LCVP" gunners. On the other hand, it might just look silly and spoil the effect.

I also find myself wondering if there isn't a way to mod some kind of long grass or grain so that it's white and stick it in the water in a high wind so its waving looks like whitecaps and moving surf.... Just a thought.

Probably not...It was more a test than anything. If I did it would be a pretty long time in the making...I've got too many mods I wanna do first and I'd have to spend a lot of time researching stuff to make it close to being right.

Mord.

Probably not...It was more a test than anything. If I did it would be a pretty long time in the making...I've got too many mods I wanna do first and I'd have to spend a lot of time researching stuff to make it close to being right.

Mord.

I know what you mean. I think this is going to be my only map :-) very hard work ain't they?

Yeah, a lot of work...I mean they are fun and all but if I was gonna do a beach landing that's one I'd want to make sure was pretty accurate and realistic. They are so much a part of the whole Normandy experience even if they were only a day out of the fighting. Makes you really admire the dedication a lot of our guys have put into their scenarios in the past, and will again with CMBN...Seebee's Point Du Hoc is a great example of that.

LOL...well, bro...after you break your historically accurate map cherry, you could always switch to fictional or semi fictional maps...much more room for lettin' your hair down.

Mord.

Yeah, a lot of work...I mean they are fun and all but if I was gonna do a beach landing that's one I'd want to make sure was pretty accurate and realistic. They are so much a part of the whole Normandy experience even if they were only a day out of the fighting. Makes you really admire the dedication a lot of our guys have put into their scenarios in the past, and will again with CMBN...Seebee's Point Du Hoc is a great example of that.

LOL...well, bro...after you break your historically accurate map cherry, you could always switch to fictional or semi fictional maps...much more room for lettin' your hair down.

Mord.

Got some feedback from SeeBee and i need to make some changes if it is to be accurate. How does one use Google Earth to get scale? If it's too difficult i may just make it an semi historical map.