"No Player" Option Request

Tongue in cheek, but halfway serious request...

Now while the scenario author mode is an incredible tool and I am very grateful... would there be any way to take it one step further?

These plans are a good bit of effort. Labors of love to be sure, but I for one would love to see my plans duke it out without any carbon-based input.

A true breakthrough ... the game you don't even have to play to enjoy.

:D

Theoretically speaking, you could sort of model that type of behavior using the old "baked" scenario feature found in Shock Force....but Steve thought the feature was er, half-baked and they ditched it for Normandy.

I pretty much agree it was lacking, but still saw some good possibilities for it's usage. It was a real bitch to implement in a scenario design, however.

I would really love to see this sort of feature. It would be very cool to just sit back and watch the two forces duke it out without any intervention. Like a new war movie each time. I could also see this being helpful for newbies, to watch how the AI tackles an attack and then try to emulate it themselves.