New file at the Repository: Pointe du Hoc Mod Pack (2011-05-24)

ooooohhh, gotta have this for a friend that wants to play Beach scenarios and was disappointed CMBN did not simulate beaches directly. He calmed down after telling him all the French maidens, cheese and Calvados to be had were inshore. The power of designers!

Thx, guys - I tried that myself with obvious success!

So, with some of these mods (like the beach sounds for example), do you need to remove them from the Data/z folder when not playing a scenario/campaign requiring them, or does the scenario/campaign coding only use certain mods automatically?

Thanks again.

R

Yes, you need to manually add and subtract mods as needed for each scenario. I keep a folder in a different parent folder (don't put it under the Data folder) called "Unused mods"

Thx, LongLeftFlank.

So the mods like Vein's 82nd and 101st Airborne and 2nd Rangers, etc. should only be placed in 'z' when playing a scenario with those specific units?

If they're all in 'z' plus various others such as sound mods, etc., how does the game know which mods to use?

Cheers,

R