Hannomags, Don't Leave Home Without Them

Yet another facepalm obvious observation that took me this long to get.

Halftracks = ironclad C2.

From an HMG team, to their secion HQ(who is within shouting distance of their assigned track), all the way up to Btn. As long as the HQs are in shouting distance, and the tracks are assigned properly at purchase and setup(assumption), we are all one big happy family.

I may not stick them right out front, but I will certainly try to keep them near any section/non-radio HQs from now on.

If you get halftracks in a scenario, don't leave 'em behind.

---

I've been wondering about the "goodie hut" effect of vehicles in CMBN. It made sense that western vehicles in CMSF came loaded with extra gear, but was every jeep in WW2 really an ammo buffet? Is there a way to have jeeps with no supplies?

You can set their supply to severe in the editor and they only have less than a hundred spare rounds amd no grenades rather than the several hundreds or thousands of rounds.

Having said that the flow of materiel into normandy was pretty mindblowing, I don't see any problem with vehicles lugging a LOT of ammo. If you want supplies to be tight going into the breakout timeframe you can do that. Most deliberate actions would have been well supplied before kickoff though I'd have thought.