Tanks turning hull toward enemy infantry

I've noticed a Panther-D tank has a habit of turning its hull toward enemy infantry to hose them down with MG, even while also attempting to engage Sherm-75s on the other side with its main gun. I made a small test scenario and it seems to confirm this odd behavior. Anyone else seen similar? You may have to run it through a few times.

One other minor thing I saw is incorrect Ammo counts when AT weapons are shared. The middle panel is correct; the number on the far right is not. This pictured Schreck team was empty; another nearby schreck team with 3 rounds shared only 1, yet the text shows two, while the graphic correctly shows 1.

- Chris

Tank Crew Test F.zip

post-640-141867622585_thumb.jpg

"One other minor thing I saw is incorrect Ammo counts when AT weapons are shared. The middle panel is correct; the number on the far right is not. This pictured Schreck team was empty; another nearby schreck team with 3 rounds shared only 1, yet the text shows two, while the graphic correctly shows 1"

There was quite a long thread about ammo sharing a while back on the CMSF forum. If memory serves the amount of ammo shown is the total available betwen the two teams, or something similar. It certainly isn't as straightforward as team A giving team B n rounds and therefore A amount going down by n and B's up by n.

The ammo sharing does create an unclear picture at times.

For example if you have 3 mortar crews in a line each with 32 rounds what will probably be reported is that the guys on the ends each have 64 (sharing with the middle) and the middle crew 96 (sharing with both).

To see if it really a bug you need to have a good look and round and more importantly see if more than 3 shrecks are fired. In this situation does the team with 3 have it's launcher loaded so theoretically can only share 2. Has the ammo less team actually grabbed 1 and is loading theirs?

I was looking at mortars today, and the number of rounds in the ammo inventory is the number of rounds that squad has, whereas the number or rounds shown on the crew-served weapon panel showed how many it had access to from nearby other mortars and ammo-bearer squads.

Neither was reloading. If I moved the schreck team away again, the numbers fixed themselves; with the previously empty team now correctly showing 1 in both locations (graphic and text) and the "generous" team with 2 rounds (graphic and text).

I ran it a second time but left both where they were. The team that received a round spotted an enemy tank and fired at at. After that shot both teams properly showed 1 round. After a 2nd shot he was now empty and the "generous" team refused to share his last round. :)

Maybe it's a way of showing what he currently has in his possession (central panel), as well as what might be available nearby?

- Chris

Neither was reloading. If I moved the schreck team away again, the numbers fixed themselves; with the previously empty team now correctly showing 1 in both locations (graphic and text) and the "generous" team with 2 rounds (graphic and text).

I ran it a second time but left both where they were. The team that received a round spotted an enemy tank and fired at at. After that shot both teams properly showed 1 round. After a 2nd shot he was now empty and the "generous" team refused to share his last round. :)

Maybe it's a way of showing what he currently has in his possession (central panel), as well as what might be available nearby?

- Chris

You got it. A loaded round, magazine, belt, etc. cannot be shared.