Reinforcements in RT play

It hasn't taken me long to become a convert to RT (I do miss the replay movies a bit, but that's the only drawback for me).

However, I haven't figured out a way to make sure I am aware of the arrival of reinforcements -- and I also realize there may be no good way, unless we could get an automatic pause programmed into the game. I find it is easy to miss the little message at the top of the screen. I can watch the clock (which is distracting) but even that doesn't work too well if the arrival times are random. And doesn't work at all if reinforcements are a random event.

What do the RT veterans suggest?

There is a radio sound (sounds like static) followed by an onscreen message that "Reinforcements have arrived".

I haven't ever missed reinforcement arrival since I am pretty 'cued in' to that sound. Its the same sound that is played in WeGo at the start of a turn in which reinforcements arrive.

If you want, you could probably replace that sound file with a siren or something loud and more distinctive since its a unique sound, I believe.

The radio static sound is the key.

The game only makes this sound as part of an arty strike or reinforcements so you need to be super aware of it as it is critical that you watch the spotting rounds of incoming arty strikes as well (otherwise you can well end up with missions falling in totally the wrong place).

I still miss it occassionally as well and I have been RTing for years.

While the sound is missable you should be taking a level 4 view of the entire battlefield every so often (1 minute?) so you don't get nasty surprises.

The hardest thing about RT is managing battles where there is time pressure. It is important to keep ALL your guys moving which can be tricky if you need to focus on a particular spot. To overcome this you do need to occassionally pause go through everyone. Areas you don't think you will be watching give a pause before they do anything and make their orders more conservative.

I am thinking about finding that sound file and doubling it's length myself now.