Editor, water table

Will there be anyway to edit the height of the water table in the editor, either in the main game or in the future? I recently tried to make a small hill with a stream running down it and I instead got a small hill with a canyon running through it.

BF could just have a "brook/stream" tile that is regular terrain with a water texture running through it (not actual water and no terrain effect), just so those could be represented and look good on the maps. Also, they would play a role in clueing players to the low spots of the topography and likely locations of muddy/swampy ground.

BF could just have a "brook/stream" tile that is regular terrain with a water texture running through it (not actual water and no terrain effect), just so those could be represented and look good on the maps. Also, they would play a role in clueing players to the low spots of the topography and likely locations of muddy/swampy ground.

Once upon a WWII in a forum long, long ago Steve had mentioned there'd be the ability to make smaller streams and the like...but alas it was not to be.

Mord.

Water table's one height only. Which is okay for lakes and rivers and the seashore. That does limit its utility making bubbling brooks though :rolleyes:

Just to clarify -- Is that single height of the water table modifiable? Or is it always preset to a certain height (like 0 meters)? If it's modifiable, I'd always start a map by setting the water table to the known height of my main bodies of water -- the ponds or features I definitely want to appear. I'd use the "set all tiles to the same height" feature, then build up all my other elevations from the water elevation.

The water table is always the lowest height set on the map in the editor. So it can be at 100m provided no other tile on the map is lower. As soon as a lower tile height is created the water table will adjust, so the method you describe is pretty much how it works