Strange graphical issue and a couple of questions.

I was unable to get the demo to run on my Mac (PM'd Phil), so I figured I'd load it up on a spare Windows laptop that I had sitting in the closet. I'm seeing some weird stuff.

1) I'm playing the first mission (Busting the Bocage) and the rain is doing weird stuff. As I've been playing the rain has steadily slowed down. A few minutes ago it was actually raining UP! And now the rain has stopped completely. It's just frozen there, in mid-air. I'm playing turn-based and have been playing for about 3 hours (doing a turn, then stopping to take care of some errands, then doing a turn, etc). Very weird.

2) The "Nearby trunks only" setting for trees is basically useless (at least on my machine) unless you're right down at rooftop or eye level. Any further from the ground than that and all of the trees are drawn. And even if you ARE that low, the trees only disappear for about 50m or so. Not really helpful. Isn't there some way to turn the trees off (globally), but leave the trunks on? If not, how far is the range of "trees off" supposed to be? I can't see what's going on with the trees on, but can't see where the trees are supposed to be with them off. A middle ground of only stumps would really be nice.

3) Is there any way to see if a tank is buttoned other than visually? I'm not seeing any kind of indicator anywhere on the interface. Zooming in on each and every one isn't really practical, especially on a slower system. Also, there is an Open Up command, but no Button command. How do you manually make a crew button up?

4) It would be nice if you could still see the details of an abandoned vehicle after the crew has dismounted. I had two tanks that got hit by Panzerfausts, but were still operable. As soon as the crew exits you can't see the state of the vehicle or what is damaged (even the state it was in when they bailed). That would be nice info to have for the times when you want to re-crew a vehicle.

Trees Toggle

I agree, the toggle doesn't seem to be working correctly (or working as envisioned).

One of the beta testers put an AAR tank battle. In one of the screen shots he explained how you can toggle the TRUNKS ONLY. However, in this beta version of the game, the trunks were shown across the entire map ... not just when zoomed in to your area.

Personally, I was really excited about this toggle option! ... The trunks only toggle doesn't really do much when you have to be zoomed in so much. You will get a much better situational awareness when the trunks are toggled across the entire map. .. it's easier to find your units and see how they are positioned.

I've been playing the demo on mac since it came out. Just downloaded the windows version and playing it on the same computer using bootcamp. So far it seems to run much better using the same settings. Graphically the mac version feels alot "glitchier" than the windows version.

I also experienced the tree trunk problem, where you have to be right above them. It works fine in windows.

Trees Toggle

I agree, the toggle doesn't seem to be working correctly (or working as envisioned).

One of the beta testers put an AAR tank battle. In one of the screen shots he explained how you can toggle the TRUNKS ONLY. However, in this beta version of the game, the trunks were shown across the entire map ... not just when zoomed in to your area.

Personally, I was really excited about this toggle option! ... The trunks only toggle doesn't really do much when you have to be zoomed in so much. You will get a much better situational awareness when the trunks are toggled across the entire map. .. it's easier to find your units and see how they are positioned.

The Alt-T seems to be working excatly as it should.

This is not a Beta, its a demo of the Version 1.0.