Problems with weather settings?

I went straight to the editor like I do with every game. I've been looking forward to seeing what the new weather settings look like. I love SF but am happy to have some variety after 'Hot and Daytime' and 'Hot and Nighttime'.

Well, It seems like if I choose 'downpour' or any of the settings with fog or mist I get this:

cmnormandydemo201105122.jpg

I am using an ATI card ( 4780x2,)which I know is probably considered sinful by some major world religions, and I seem to remember there were problems with ATI cards and fog effects in the old games but has anyone else seem something similar? Anyone have any advice? My drivers are pretty recent - might actually be the newest ones. I can't recall.

I was really looking forward to the mist and rain. I like mist and rain. I'm not so bothered about the little soldiers as long as I can make them run about in manky weather.

The demos literally one third the size of the finished game. Me and my ATI card have never seen that, it looks like something got stripped out of the demo because it wasn't being used in a demo scenario. I can only guess one of the background horizon sets.

by the looks of it the mist/fog is not displayed. either a graphics card problem or driver problem on your end i guess.

i dont think they have taken something out but still give you the option to select it, that would be weird.

but hell, what do i know.