AI hands me my ass in tutorial...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is really nice to see AT Guns getting to shine as well as they did in real life.

I got lucky with mine. It hit a Sherman behind bocage 3 times for no significant damage, before HE return fire finished it off. It'd been plinking at my infantry for a minute before it spotted the tank, but the ATG/protection squad did more actual damage.

I found the Tutorial Scenario pretty straightforward, total victory before the end, just, on the first attempt. Busting the Bocage is a whole different ball game.

My first attempt came to a sudden halt when my graphics card crashed, but until that point I was doing OK I thought, getting a bit nasty on the left flank but the right was going well enough. So when I tried again I followed much the same plan and got stuffed well and truly. The attack just bogged down after crossing the first phase line; too many enemy positions that I only discovered when they caused casualties, not enough tank ammo and getting LOS for my HQs/FO was a nightmare. Plus some German troops who seemed immune to all types of fire - one AT team took fire from a BAR, a full squad, a Sherman (main gun for two mins + MGS), and a medium 60mm mortar barrage, though I lost sight of him he was still there and lived long enough to kill two tanks in two shots).

I will crack it eventually, but just now I don't know how.

I found the Tutorial Scenario pretty straightforward, total victory before the end, just, on the first attempt. Busting the Bocage is a whole different ball game.

My first attempt came to a sudden halt when my graphics card crashed, but until that point I was doing OK I thought, getting a bit nasty on the left flank but the right was going well enough. So when I tried again I followed much the same plan and got stuffed well and truly. The attack just bogged down after crossing the first phase line; too many enemy positions that I only discovered when they caused casualties, not enough tank ammo and getting LOS for my HQs/FO was a nightmare. Plus some German troops who seemed immune to all types of fire - one AT team took fire from a BAR, a full squad, a Sherman (main gun for two mins + MGS), and a medium 60mm mortar barrage, though I lost sight of him he was still there and lived long enough to kill two tanks in two shots).

I will crack it eventually, but just now I don't know how.

Blackcat try the tutorial mission on IRON setting. Using Infantry only and no support from the armour. It's a tester ;)