Are the web page and download servers hosted together?

Just trying to figure out if I detect a slight delay or irregularity in the loading of the main battlefront.com page (I have the timing memorized by now) will it mean that the demo is released? Of course, the message should be right there on the page once the page loads, but I am trying to pre-empt that by detecting subtle irregularities in the matrix.

Just trying to figure out if I detect a slight delay or irregularity in the loading of the main battlefront.com page (I have the timing memorized by now) will it mean that the demo is released? Of course, the message should be right there on the page once the page loads, but I am trying to pre-empt that by detecting subtle irregularities in the matrix.

Don't know but that front page has been hiccupping all morning for me ... normally refreshes very fast then every so many (OK, I am refreshing like a drunk fool) it stalls during loading and I get all excited then nothing. I'm gonna get a Cron job written to monitor it for me, methinks ...

No, we're not going to host the demo on our end at all in fact, at least not for quite a while until things slow down. We cooperate with various mags out there to host the demo for us. They love that stuff and have the infrastructure for it.

Martin

The demo is just shy of 600 MB, so unless you have a really fast connection, I would always recommend using some kind of download manager. Some browsers already have one built-in and that should be enough. But it's up to you, and the mirrors we usually use are also entirely independent of us and may have their own systems, as well.

The demo is just shy of 600 MB, so unless you have a really fast connection, I would always recommend using some kind of download manager. Some browsers already have one built-in and that should be enough. But it's up to you, and the mirrors we usually use are also entirely independent of us and may have their own systems, as well.

My T3 line is ready and waiting ...