Gun penetration and damage

In my first PBEM game, my opponent chose a 'Stuart' which has a 37mm gun.

I chose three Panzer IIc's (one of which is 'Shocked') which appear to have 20mm guns.

I don't know how effective the Panzers are against the Stuart. Is there any tutorial available on gun size/penetration/damage against armour?

Again, thanks!

Well, if you select any unit in CM1 and click ENTER, you will get all that very useful data for friendly as well as identified enemy tanks.

You can also go into the editor and and buy units you are interested in for both sides and just use a plain map and you can examine each units data in this way.

Many of us wish CMSF had this feature.

The M3 Stuart is well armored for a light tank.

The Panzer II is a stop gap vehicle that was never meant to engage serious opposition. It's 20 mm gun is weak compared to most tank guns.

The M3 has the 37 mm gun. A much more powerfull weapon against tanks.

It will eat Pz IIs for breakfast

A single Pz III with infantry support would have served you better.

As DLaurier has mentioned...The M3/M5 Stuart is a pretty good light tank compared to most of its competition. The PZIII J with 50mm Front Armor is on even par with the Stuart ( mid 42' through early 43' ), but a PZIIIJ late or L with 70mm Front is a better chose if you can afford it.

Joe