Counter IED tactics?

Try the scenario "A Helluva road opening" and its Nato version "A Helluva Road opening V2" and discover By yourself the different deterrent that could be used against IED.

marder3.jpg

"Spoiler"..........................."Spoiler".............................."Spoiler".............................

I have foot soldiers moving along the sides of the road, with their tracks staying on the road farther back. The foot soldiers are that way drawing fire from taliban's hiding some place away from the road.If they can spot them, engage, suppress and or kill them, with the help of the tracks weapons, they can prevent the trigger man to fire the IED.

The IED are cell phone triggered and or wire triggered; In the last case the wire could be damaged preventing the firing.

I try to move tracks and or men, very cautiously on the road and even in the ditches, specially on bottleneck location. The less available space to deploy the more risk to have an IED.

I have never had the same result while opening the road. yet, I know where the damn things are.

Cheers

I am playing it and it's a pretty good Canadian campaign for CMSF.

Thanks again for your help re recon units nd what to do with em (in the game).

BTW: Does anyone have a workaround for the fact that the Canadian Coyotes cannot be boarded by even two-man units to get at the spare ammo (after the crew has bailed out)?

Is it a bug??

Yeh the avoiding bit is straight forward enough, is there any chance that infantry in the IED location will find the device?

I don't think so, I think like mines you can only find it by setting it off. Smoke is the only thing I've found to be reliably effective, use loads of it to cross suspected IED areas. Also you can check bodies to see if you killed an IED trigger man (just click on a dead body you can see and it'll tell you what type of unit it was.

So really your options are very limited, just try to avoid em.

CM:SF (NATO) not CM:A and it is a great campaign, oddly I actually prefer the campaigns to the scenarios for some reason.

I did got the smoke option on one mission where there is a single bridge which is IED'ed and it worked well but much much later as my follow on forces were crossing BOOM ! I thought I had cleared all the enemy out but obviously someone was hiding in one of the houses.

I don't think so, I think like mines you can only find it by setting it off. Smoke is the only thing I've found to be reliably effective, use loads of it to cross suspected IED areas. Also you can check bodies to see if you killed an IED trigger man (just click on a dead body you can see and it'll tell you what type of unit it was.

So really your options are very limited, just try to avoid em.

check your sig you link to the sound mod is fubar'ed