Gday Gday!

Hi guys, Bradles here and Im brand new here from Australia:)!

I currently just purchased the Combat Mission NATO Box so I could play as the Canucks :).

Now Im still waiting for my copy to arrive and I have a few questions for you:

1.Are the Canucks good to play with?

2.When playing MP can you play against someone with a different MOd like the poms etc?

3.Do the Canucks have as many missions as the Germans?

Brad.

Welcome Bradles

I seem to be the first in here to respond but Im sure I am not the only one top welcome you to the forums..

Anyway:

1: Yes....Im a gringo and I love playing other nationalities reguardless....they all play a little different and its most definitly fun to try different tactices. The US Army and USMC have different tactics as well as the Germans and Canadians...absolutely worth every penny.

2: Not sure what you are asking here....

3: The number of scenarios is based on exactly how well you play the missions and the path you choose, but i believe that they are pretty close. Maybe the designers could shed a bit more light on this as Im am just an amature!

Steve-o

Hi SDSMACK! thanks for the welcome :)

Another thanks to answering my questions..

Sorry lol, with the 2nd question I meant are you able to fight JUST Syrians or other factions? so could it be Canucks vs Yanks or is it just Canucks vs Syrian?

That make sense?

Sorry 1 more question lol, Im struggling to find any images on the Canadians in the game :( Apparently there are 4 varients of the LAV featured? anywhere im able to look of in game footage to it?

Hi guys, Bradles here and Im brand new here from Australia:)!

I currently just purchased the Combat Mission NATO Box so I could play as the Canucks :).

I hope you did also buy the game itself, because the NATO module itself is not a game.

Now Im still waiting for my copy to arrive and I have a few questions for you:

1.Are the Canucks good to play with?

2.When playing MP can you play against someone with a different MOd like the poms etc?

You both need the modules that contain the forces you play.

So if you both have the NATO and British module, you can start a fight between the masters and the inmates.

That looks like the base game, so at least you can play a game with it. (but not Canucks).

Look carefully at the version that you receive and what patches might apply.

There is documentation at the Battlefront site.

Kidding me ...sigh so base game = yanks? correct

Welcome to Shock Force froum.

There's load of fun to be had with the yanks. Not just the campaign and battles that come with it; there loads of user made stuff. and some Red v Red.

Some of my personal favourites are insurgent type battles.

Also worth bearing in mind is this: Generally speaking the battles got tougher with the new modules. Partly due to less armour and firepower of other western nations, and also in large part due to the battle designers learning to be dastardly. One simple change of having less windows in building in some later maps has huge change. So you could view the yank campaign as a good training session.

Also, for me it was well worth an expansion just to move from the Pardox patches to Battlefront, and in case you were not aware you can buy direct from them. (There's a patch on the way for Nato)

Happy CM'ing.