AAR-CMBN_Beta Quick Battle "US Human Vs German AI"

Hi!, great AAR!, I think Akira is showing the potential of this game (at least this is my hope!)...

Thanks, I've been out for a while, but...

The story continues, now with a nice infantry struggle...

One HUGE difference I've noticed with previous CM is that now I can spent 5 to 10

times more watching the recorded turn, trying to catch any detail....pause, forward

stop, rotate camera, zoom, one second more,...etc,etc... Granades flying, ricochets, going

to explode anywhere on the map, soldiers giving first aid under fire...and ALL TOGETHER!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to give this thread a bump. Everyone seems to be bored and needing something to occupy their time until the demo comes out. This AAR is still going and it's very entertaining. There's some amazing action, and some real gems about gameplay and such. It'll take a little effort with Google Translate for those of us who don't speak Spanish, but it's worth it.

If you haven't yet, check it out. Even if you have, look again because there have been updates the last few days.

Here's an automatic translation of the thread... it won't translate the pictures, but I think you can figure those out.

It's worth reposting Sergei's direct link through Google Translate here as an additional aid for those of us too lazy to figure out how to get the translation working!

It's a great AAR and there are some fantastic screenshots in there.

I really am loving this AAR. Those big cats are just crazy! I can't believe the beating the Panther has taken, and that "new" Tiger took a frontal penetration and was able to return fire 15 seconds later, then take another frontal penetration and return fire 5 seconds later - as though nothing had happened! Those things are just TOUGH!

One thing that concerns me (I know, it's just a beta!) is the number of immobilized Shermans. I realize that it's raining and they're on dirt roads, but it sure doesn't look like the kind of terrain that would tend to bog a tracked vehicle so easily. The ditches on the sides of the road don't seem all that deep, and the map is generally pretty level.

One thing that concerns me (I know, it's just a beta!) is the number of immobilized Shermans. I realize that it's raining and they're on dirt roads, but it sure doesn't look like the kind of terrain that would tend to bog a tracked vehicle so easily. The ditches on the sides of the road don't seem all that deep, and the map is generally pretty level.

Oh, so that's why the Ami are not moving!:o

I'm loving this AAR. The attention to detail in the screenshots is superb, and really helps to convey a gripping story (I'm rooting for Upham, a real Tube Guy if ever there was one).

Many thanks for the hard work you're putting into this Akira, it's really appreciated!

I ran it through Google Translate and the link is good (presumably), but you have to be a registered member to view the thread.

La Administración del Sitio requiere que esté registrado y se haya identificado para ver este foro.

(The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this forum.)

Edit: Looks like the original thread is also unavailable now. That's a shame. I was really enjoying reading it, but I'm not going to become a member of a Spanish language site just for that. :(

I'm loving this AAR. The attention to detail in the screenshots is superb, and really helps to convey a gripping story (I'm rooting for Upham, a real Tube Guy if ever there was one).

Many thanks for the hard work you're putting into this Akira, it's really appreciated!

That's quite a compliment: "He's almost a real Tube Guy"

Is this meant to be an advertisement for the forum the AAR is posted in, or for CMBN since registration is necessary to see the AAR?

Nope, something weird is going on with the site, sorry; normally you can browse through all the thraeds as guest without registration... please wait a little bit and try again to access the page...

Seems this is working again now - here's the 2nd link to the preview/review/AAR thread that BlasdeLezo posted previously, which I've run through Google Translate for those of us with less than bueno Espanol:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.puntadelanza.net%2FForo%2FphpBB3%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D12087

My favourite quote so far is: 'The fighting is intense in the bocage of balls...'

I think that sums it up nicely!

That was a thrilling AAR. Very, very fun to read with lots of twists and strokes of luck influencing the battle. I really enjoyed the way you commented the screenshots, and putting the names over the units was extremely helpful, both in keeping track of what was happening on the battlefield and in getting to "know" the units. I actually found myself rooting for Contini and Calyn, and was really bummed when Denney was hit.

Great stuff!