Of all the Bastige things to do...

BF doesn't release the Normandy to it's CM addicts for the holiday.

Comparing bastige acts, yeah you may say worst things happened in history. Some French weren't too pleased with Caen being levelled. But anybody care to compare personal bastige experiences with the dealer holding onto Normandy and letting the Beta have their fun.

I had a girlfriend make me sandwiches for an early morning road trip once. So driving in the dark I took a bite and, grrr it tasted dead. So I turn the light on. Not a few spots of mold the whole freaking bread is deep green- no white to be seen. I thought dozy bitch, until weeks later somebody told me she was laughing because she did it on purpose. Anyway, didn't mean nothing compared to holding out on Normandy over the holiday basige.

BF doesn't release the Normandy to it's CM addicts for the holiday.

But anybody care to compare personal bastige experiences with the dealer holding onto Normandy and letting the Beta have their fun.

Yeah, we have the game, but you must know that we (the beta testers) aren't experiencing the game as you may think. We use a special debug mode that slows things down significantly. When a bug occurs, the game ends and we have to submit bug reports. We also have played with missing textures, placeholder textures, sounds, and incomplete scenarios and campaigns. There is a definite trade-off. We will never experience the excitement of opening that box and firing it up for the first time. You won't have to deal with bug crashes and reporting, reinstalling, and all the stuff we do. Not to mention, a lot of these guys barely get to play at all, they're too busy working on textures, models, scenario and campaign graphics, etc etc etc. These "bastiges" are doing a HELL OF A LOT OF WORK so that when you do finally get the game installed, you'll be able to enjoy it.

I salute the work and support of the beta guys; heck love the mods too. Aint calling anybody a bastige. Just a bastige act.

And hey, I feel for you, I really do. I saw 3 videos of Chris tyrspawn, in so much pain and anguish testing Normandy for us. Wait a darn minute there; hey come to think of it... he looked like having fun. :)

;)

Yeah, but he's not been around the entire developement time. I can see your point as far as he goes. I'm not saying we haven't had fun, because the game is pretty damn fun. I'm just trying to help you guys not have mental breakdowns over it ;):D. Just trust me, you guys are better off waiting just a little while longer.

I hope BFC releases some of the hilarious bugs that have cropped up when the game was nearly unplayable in the early stages. Once the game is released, we'll be able to play it for real just like you.

;)

Yeah, but he's not been around the entire developement time. I can see your point as far as he goes. I'm not saying we haven't had fun, because the game is pretty damn fun. I'm just trying to help you guys not have mental breakdowns over it ;):D. Just trust me, you guys are better off waiting just a little while longer.

I hope BFC releases some of the hilarious bugs that have cropped up when the game was nearly unplayable in the early stages. Once the game is released, we'll be able to play it for real just like you.

Amen Bro :)

Just trust me, you guys are better off waiting just a little while longer.

Yeah, that's my take on it too. If there is any lesson that SF should have taught, it's not to put the pie on the sill until it's finished cooking.

I would also like to extend my appreciation to all the hard-working beta testers. I'm sure none of the pleasure we expect to have would be possible without you. Even if you are all unspeakable swine.

:D

Michael

this is how i see it. "sorry bud, can't put you out, we're still testing the fire extinguisher"...

Ha ha, yep that captures it perfectly. I'm not burning yet, but I got the fever.

I hear what the beta are saying. I beta'd for a grand strategy game and learnt that when it was released it no longer felt like a new game, so effort are appreciated.

Longleftflank- escaped from a dungeon. After that one I learned to walk away early if I any madness started showing.