Overwhelmed

goodwood

Gotta admit just overwhelmed with the feed back and support in this game!!

Par for the course. I'd assume 1C's focus is now on TOW4. Too bad this isn't a Battlefront supported series, as it has the potential to be a classic.

I check into this forum from time to time with the hope that 1C will address the communities

problem with the engine and upgrade the TOW2 engine with the improvements in the TOW3 engine. This series for me is Paradise Lost. Too bad for all the tactical gamers hoping for something better.

This game has so much potential yet i cant fully enjoy it because it lags so bad.

Im sorry but my laptop which can play Empire TW on maxed settings still doesn't play as slow as this game. I just dont understand why this games code is so horrid.

I wish more RTS developers would go with this concept of game and sudden strike series. Unfortunately no ones gotten it right yet.

I have enjoyed the TOW series since the start. However, it seems as you say they appear to be working on the next one then helping with the bugs for the current game. It would be great for the development team to work on the code. I have a laptop also and have played all the total war on this laptop and it runs smoothly. The TOW3 can lag and hang up. I can even play supreme commander 2 on the laptop without a hitch.

I also think for expansion for them to include operation killer, the punch bowl, and lets not forget the frozen chosin. Even the "outpost war" would be an interesting expansion.

I have read the "bug" report. As I am not a programmer I am unsure of how hard it would be to fix some if not all the problems. As one person put it the game would be a "classic game" without most of the bugs.

Matthew

p.s. have been playing computer games since the 1990's Sudden strike, command and conquer (the original) and dawn of war are all great and classic games. I believe the TOW series can be better then all of them combined.

I would love to try the game out, but there is no way my 5 yr old system can handle it. I even lag on TOW2 Africa on half speed. Perhaps TOW is ahead of its time, in that technology needs to catch up with the concept to run smoothly on more systems. I don't know, but I do agree it has the potential to be a "classic". If Sudden Strike (I was big into that game too Matthew) could be, then there is no reason TOW couldn't be also. 1c should look closley at some of Sudden Strike's superior command & control, waypoint strings, and multiplayer game concept, and ofcourse at ways to kill the lag. Check out my GUI thread http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=93719

The Sudden Strike series, and especially Blitzkrieg II, with its editor were exciting games when they came out. I never thought to compare them to the ToW series, and SS and BK has so many units.

I have a rather crappy Quad Core with ATI 4650 but the lag isn't bad. I also play small battles though...