Virus Alert

Hi all:

I have Norton 360v5.0 and everytime it scans the HD for viruses it says the file "regsvr32_dx7vbdll.exe" is a trojan.gen virus and it deletes it placing it in quarantine, so manually I keep telling to restore it.

This file is located in misc folder and I guess it has something to do with the elicense activation system, a false positive.

Could you please contact Norton and tell them to exclude this false positive.

If not a false positive let me know, hopefully not.

Thanks

Actually, if I remember correctly, this specific file has nothing to do with eLicense, it's not even protected. This seems to be a genuine "false positive", and furthermore I think it's just a standard .dll, not even game specific.

Martin

PS. Of course eLicense does have its share of false positives due to its encryption, but this specific case seems unrelated. Our new Online Activation System (first used in SC WWI The Great War) has no problems with AV programs, by the way (except those that rely on virtualization, which frankly is not allowed by our protection).

Correct, this is a false positive and this file can safely be deleted as it is not needed post installation.

Subsequently we started to use a different compilation of this file and it is now deleted after your program is installed so it should no longer be a problem with Virus programs going forward.