PBEM opponents

This question would fit also to the CM:SF forum, but will ask it here. Whats the best place to find opponents for PBEM games? Have not found too many opponent request here on BF forums but where you guys find opponents? Is there any working ladder, clan or website or whatever thats still up and running with CM:SF PBEM games? And when the CM:BN is launched will definitely want to play PBEM games with real human opponents rather than just AI.

If there's not any proper website to find opponens should we set up here a thread or forum section where you can look for opponents for PBEM games?

I'm a member of the Band of Brothers gaming club.

http://www.webandofbrothers.de/

We will be supporting CM:BN. You can find plenty of PBEM opponents there and the club runs lots of tournaments. To be accepted as a member requires you to finish a PBEM match against a sponsor. This is a good thing. It proves you have some commitment to the game. When I played PBEM matches against random people found on this website and others a significant fraction of my opponents would bail on me part way through the game. I don't think it was just me :) After joining the BoB my completion rate for games is nearly 100%.

The club is a fun place despite the formal entry requirements. We play all sorts of tournaments from daft random QBs to those which are based on very high quality scenarios.

We don't formally support CM:SF though because it is WW2 only. But a few BoB members play it and there is nothing stopping you arranging private games with them.

I'm a member of the Band of Brothers gaming club.

http://www.webandofbrothers.de/

We will be supporting CM:BN. You can find plenty of PBEM opponents there and the club runs lots of tournaments. To be accepted as a member requires you to finish a PBEM match against a sponsor. This is a good thing. It proves you have some commitment to the game. When I played PBEM matches against random people found on this website and others a significant fraction of my opponents would bail on me part way through the game. I don't think it was just me :) After joining the BoB my completion rate for games is nearly 100%.

The club is a fun place despite the formal entry requirements. We play all sorts of tournaments from daft random QBs to those which are based on very high quality scenarios.

We don't formally support CM:SF though because it is WW2 only. But a few BoB members play it and there is nothing stopping you arranging private games with them.

That is actually the reason why WeBoB asks for someone to sponsor you... as it helps ensures that people who are there to play will not abandon games and will have a certain "attitude" towards competitive gameplay.

Best way to do this is to find a WeBoB member and take them on as an opponent... most likely the opponent will then sponsor you to the club.

Cheers!

Leto