CMBB and CMAK still crashing

Ok this is kind of getting to be a problem....I have posted some issues earlier and Matt and Shrullenhaft have been a big help. I have downloaded all current drivers for everything....and I mean everything. I have a Abit amd K7 Nvidia 64mb MX400 a Ensoniq 32bit sound card.

the problem is this in either CMBB or CMAK after game play for either 2-23 turns or soo it locks up, the screen freezes and makes a weird sound. So Im thinking it is because I need a new sound card or I need to unclock my computer back to 1ghz instead of 1.27

Any other suggestions.....would be greatly appreciated.

Jurgen

I get the same problem with the sound getting stuck into a loop. I have tried turning the sound off with no success. Its the same as toning down the graphics.

How old are your video card and your soundcard?

My soundcard is over 5 years old (Soundblaster Live!) My videocard is GeForce4 MX440, which is low end.

The big I can't reconcile is that the whole machine locks up and has to be rebooted. I would suggest that this points to hardware. But where? :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with CMAK, I can't remember if I had the same problem with CMBB since i never much played these games but now I "rediscovered" these from my brothers CD-collection. I can play for a while, sometimes longer sometimes not, then the game just completely freezes and the whole computer locks up. I have to press reset to reboot, nothing else works. Sound goes to a loop and nothing else happens.

Im have:

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 700mhz (running @770mhz)

Creative Geforce 3 Ti200

256mb RAM

Gigabyte GA-7ZXR (rev1.0) motherboard (VIA KT133)

Integrated soundcard (Creative CT5880 PCI sound chip)

Windows XP PRO SP1

I just did 2 things that SEEM to have fixed the problem.

1. I un-overclocked my comp back to 700mhz AND

2. I remembered that some games had issues with older soundcards having DirectX hardware acceleration on, so I turned off my DX hardware acceleration for my soundcard

I went playing after I posted the earlier post and I just came back with no freezes or crashes.

I'll report back if I get more freezes but they SEEM to be gone for now...

Hi,

I have Realtek AC97 soundcard..And I have same problem..My system properties are GeForce 2MX 400 32 MB video card, Celeron 2000 Mhz, Win 98..I will give a try Hotti's solution..will inform you..

Thanks for helps..

Best Regards.