What colour would your shorts be??

Is it the angle or does the bottom drop off rather quickly? Because it looks like they are in relatively shallow water, <2 meters max. One wouldn't think a big fish like that would come into such shallow water for fear of getting beached.

I thought about that too. I am suspecting that the examples in that locale are much smaller than the ones we have around these parts (Puget Sound, etc.). probably more the size of dolphins.

Michael

It's called "incentive" SO hahahaha..and doesn't matter if you can outswim them, as long as you are in the water with someone even slower than you :)

edit...posted before I read the link...damn, look like sharks! he really is lucky they were orcas.

When I was an avid diver, I often had to explain a misconception regarding my dive knife... "It is indeed for use in case of sharks," I would reply. "Not for the shark itself, but to stab my dive buddy before I swim away." (it was really for use in case of entanglement)

I was once buzzed by Orcas while diving. I was never aware they were even there. My wife on the boat said they came within 10 feet of us.

if you've seen the TV programme of the Orca coming up on the beach in Sth America to get seals (?) you wouldn't think it was too shallow! :)

So the trick is not to look like a seal. We've had a similar problem in the Pacific Northwest. Surfers usually wear wetsuits here because the water is so cold. This does make them look a bit like seals and several surfers have been attacked by great white sharks who prey on the seals.

Michael

It's called "incentive" SO hahahaha..and doesn't matter if you can outswim them, as long as you are in the water with someone even slower than you :)

As I recall Billy Connolly saying about the time he was swimming in Australia and the shark alert siren went off:

"I came up out of the water like a Polaris missile....throwing young children over my shoulder to distract the thing..."