CM - Battle for Normandy & CrossfireX

Dear Sirs,

I have been a Combat Mission player since 2001 and I am excited and looking forward for Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy.

Your media files are truly magnificent and looking forward for the end of April for the release, although, I do not mind waiting a little longer as long as we have a bug free game.

I have already placed a pre-order for the Collectors Edition and hoping I was in time to secure one.

What I would like to ask is, have you gentleman tried the game on a CrossfireX system ? My system has two ATI 5770 crossfired and I would not like to have any problems running this game.

Thanks for your kind attention and looking forward for your reply.

Silkwraith

Unfortunately I have never tried CMSF - was only a Combat Mission B2B junkie :) I never recalled reading anything about CMSF players having any problems with a CrossfireX system. But I will check further on this matter.

Should anyone have a CrossfireX system and plays CMSF - I would be so glad if you post your experiences.

Thanks for your prompt response,

Silk

Well, I'm running SF on an ATI 4870x2, which I think at least emulates a crossfire set up (i think?) and it runs fine. The engine is the same for the most part so I don't imagine there would be any problems at all.

I know it's not exactly the same thing but I wouldn't imagine in practical terms there would be any extra issues.

Hello

let me reassure you, I have CrossfireX and no problem with recent Battlefront games. Be Happy!

And can you tell us, that the game is also using both (or any number you may have) GPU's in-game, from ATI Catalyst control center -> Performance -> AMD Overdrive. From there you can check individually every GPU and current usage (or load) from "Current Values"-section.

Overall, it's good to hear that there's no conflict with BF games and Crossfire setup, but it would be fun to know, if there's also some extra gain performance-wise with such a setup.

(otherwise I HAVE to, I mean 'HAVE to' go get one moar powerful GPU than settle with two.. slow ones??)

• 1 month later...