STRYKER javelin question

In the special equipment panel for the Stryker it contains a number of javelin icons.

How are these actually used by the Stryker ? When ever I target a enemy unit it only uses its gun. And when troops are dismounted from the Strrker they don't take the javelins.

Sorry if basic question.

Thanks for any help.

Strykers don't use the Javelins that just shows you they are on board. You need to use the acquire button while your troops are mounted to assign them the Javelins. Make sure you get the launcher also. Note you can also replenish your other ammo there.

As a general point I like to give my infantry squads at least one of the Javelins and a couple of LAWS before they dismount from the vehicle particularly if I know I am going to be facing enemy armour. These weapons can also be of some use against infantry in buildings or bunkers. I heard a news report the other day about a Libyan government soldier who ended up in hospital with an anti tank missile in his leg so they can do some damage in the real world at least.

Luke

The best use I've found for the light ATs is against unarmored vehicles and infantry in buildings. Every time my virtual soldiers have been attacked by anything slightly larger, they proved to be rather ineffective.

As a general rule, the first thing I do before playing a battle is load up my squads with ammo, and spare AT-4/LAWs, the amount depending on avaiability and squad size, so to have some spare ammo in case another squad needs to rearm and to have some spare inventory space if I have to grab something bigger (this one is US Army only, since they are the only one that can grab Javelins if they feel like it :P )

As a general point I like to give my infantry squads at least one of the Javelins and a couple of LAWS before they dismount from the vehicle particularly if I know I am going to be facing enemy armour. These weapons can also be of some use against infantry in buildings or bunkers. I heard a news report the other day about a Libyan government soldier who ended up in hospital with an anti tank missile in his leg so they can do some damage in the real world at least.

Luke

Ouch...definatelly gona leave a mark.

"As a general rule, the first thing I do before playing a battle is load up my squads with ammo, and spare AT-4/LAWs..."

I think this is what most of us do. But, if this makes sense in a "realistic" game, why don't the RL troops do the same??

I always found it a bit annoying that the first thing you have to do every scenario is to spend time loading troops onto vehicles just to resupply to incredible weight levels that do not appear to slow them down in the game.

I have wondered for years why not a simple "max supply" level button? It would speed the start of games up immensely.

I think this is what most of us do. But, if this makes sense in a "realistic" game, why don't the RL troops do the same??

....... resupply to incredible weight levels that do not appear to slow them down in the game.

I think you hit it on the head when you mention the amount of weight a unit is carrying does not seem to effect our iSoldiers.

I am not surprised that RL soldiers do not carry something that is over 20kg and more than a metre long if they do not have to.

I think there is a bit of psychology at work here as well.

The Javelin is a great weapon and allows the user to shoot and then run away and it makes a spectacular bang when it hits the target, so I guess the boys would be fairly tempted to let one loose when they get into a sticky spot.

Of course the weapon is not so good with targets other than armour and is frightfully expensive so perhaps the doctrine of leaving the Javelin in the wagon is an effort to have it used only when it needs to be used.

Of course if a tank shows up and you have to run back to the car to get it ..........

There is SO much programming talent in East Europe and Russia. You guys are astounding.

Have you fellows ever thought about reviving the Combat Missions project that would revive the CM1 series?

All we've ever wanted was a system to create an operational/strategic "shell" for the tactical CM1 games that would act as a scenario generator.

Sadly, the original developers got waaaay over their heads in attempting to produce a standalone operational game with its own AI etc - it was a much too ambitious effort and collapsed under its own weight.hytuty