3rd Armoured Cavalry

It would be great to include this regiment in the US TOE men. I would have thought that the Syrian mission would be perfect for a unit like this. 3rd ACR did also see three tours in Iraq so also useful for COIN.

Also the light ACR TOE would be a good addition..

Maybe these are already accounted for in Patch 1.30/NATO but, if not, it would be great to have these included in the next patch.

Luke

I don't think CM:SF will really play very well with an entire regiment. However, it is possible to make the 3rd ACR..Use 3 US Army Cavalry Squadrons, each one with 3 Cavalry Troops and 1 Armored Company. The 4th (Air Cav) Squadron would have to be put together ad-hoc really since CMSF does not really deal with helicopters as player controlled units, but does have some "light infantry" that could be used about the same.

All together though, the regiment would crowd a map of CMSF size, and probably in this sized of map you would only see one of the Cav troops, and part of the Armored company, from 1 of the 3 squadrons.

An ACR is roughly the same size as a UK Brigade.

Putting that on a 4km map is pretty much a car park experience.

But yes as someone who has spent time with the Brave Rifles (before the heresy of the light ACR was talked about) it would be interesting.

The air and artillery components would need to be abstracted and the Log element wouldn’t be present at all (unfortunately).

I don't think CM:SF will really play very well with an entire regiment. However, it is possible to make the 3rd ACR..Use 3 US Army Cavalry Squadrons, each one with 3 Cavalry Troops and 1 Armored Company. The 4th (Air Cav) Squadron would have to be put together ad-hoc really since CMSF does not really deal with helicopters as player controlled units, but does have some "light infantry" that could be used about the same.

All together though, the regiment would crowd a map of CMSF size, and probably in this sized of map you would only see one of the Cav troops, and part of the Armored company, from 1 of the 3 squadrons.

Agreed. Just one squadron would be more than enough for a CMSF game. Operationally I doubt you would have more than that in the area represented by CMSF and, depending on the mission, perhaps not even a whole squadron. While you can put something together it would still be easier to have an official TOE.

Luke

But is an ACR actually cavalry in the modern US Army sense of the word? In other words, is a troop of an ACR the same as a cavalry troop in CM:SF? In other other words, is the typical Bradley in an ACR an M3 CFV with four (in real life two) cavalry scouts or an M2 with (most of) a regular rifle squad?

I ask because I'd like to make a scenario featuring elements of the 3rd ACR or some such, but I haven't been able to find enough information about such units' composition to know how to represent them with the game's available TO&E.

Certainly the “heavy Cavalry” Tp in CM:SF is not the older doctrinal 3ACR type Cavalry Tp (from Team Yankee type days) with a Tk Pl, etc.

However the M3 CFVs are M3s and you can get what you need by using the “Heavy Cavalry” Tp as a start point add the Tks etc. to it and then remove the other surplus stuff. :)

gibsonm:

Any news you can provide the CMSF die hards on the progress of v1.32 or is all of the time/testing being devoted to the Normandy game?

Yes sure that’s all it needs is more stuff to fix.

As far as I know the 1.32 patch is to fix a limited range of issues and that’s all - its not an open ended grab bag of stuff.

But back TO, 99.X% of effort is devoted to CM:BN right now.

As to how that mix changes post release (from CM:BN bug fix Vs CM:SF patch), I’m afraid I have no idea.

I wouldn’t expect it before CM:BN comes out at the very least.

We're still planning on 1.32 for sure. It's a little delayed as we're fully knuckled down (development and testers alike) on CM:BN, but CM:SF is absolutely not forgotten.

That being said, Gibsonm is correct that v1.32 is going to address outstanding bugs only. Some CM:BN features will be found in the v1.32 patch, no doubt, but as a game CM:SF is "complete" and will not be directly expanded any further.

Steve

That would be a pity as there seems to be room for further expanision. In addition to the US Armoured Cavalry Regiment I would be willing to pay a similar rate to existing prices for modules covering Egyptian, IDF, Jordanian, Turkish, Gulf States and Iran. This would allow simulation of one or two other hypothetical Middle Est conflicts. IDF MErkavas cersus the Syrians is really a must and it would also be good to match them against the Egytian M1s and the Jordanian variant of the Challenger.

Hopefully a CMSF2 would cover Asia and/or Europe buit please consider further Middle East combat for the current game even if it just simulates a future Arab Isreali War,

Luke