CMAK BMP stacked in CMBO

One by one I suppose.

Unfortunately not (ALL) the BMP numbers are the same through the 3 games, I mean for the most part there are but I found out the hard way that it's not a sure thing 100 percent of the time.

What I am doing is, I have one window opened for the CMAK Bitmap folder and one window opened for the CMBO BMP folder. I then verify the BMP numbers before moving anything.

Things that are a sure bet:

Grass

Snow

Moss

Marsh

Brush

Rough

Water

Ice

Bocage

Stone Walls

Wood Fence

Most of the trees but do this as visual

Because what I could not use out of CMAK I went and used out of CMBB. I also grabbed some bushes out of CMBB.

Also took these other things from CMAK:

Fire

Smoke

Explosions

(Working on the Sky now)

Some things I would go with mods 24/7

Paved Roads (with wear markings)

Dirt Roads (with grass growing in the middle)

Buildings (war torn and beat looking)

Bunkers

Bridges (both wood and stone)

Rubble (with a 3D effect)

Mine Signs

Ambush Markers

Unit Pictures (I put my own set together)

Flags (so much better then the stock ones)

Command Lines when issuing orders or showing in/out of command units.

Movement Markers (the round ones when you know theres an enemy at a location but have no visual)

Cement/concrete (The one made from Commandos)

Interface (mainly for CMBO, I made my own out of like 2 or 3 different mods with added detail.)

The reason I use mods for the above is because thses things even in CMAK are lame and I have replaced them in all 3 games.

In the end, it's a big pain in the neck, but when the end result is CMBO looking terrain wise as good as CMAK it is most worth the effort.

I also just brought the Stuart Tank over from CMAK, which was tough because the hull is in 5 pieces in CMAK and CMBO only uses 4 but with a little work, done. I also have the sweetest looking Tiger and King Tiger for CMBO that I converted from a mod made for CMBB in the same manner as the Stuart.

If someone could explain to me how to post some screen shots I would be more than happy to show all of you.

[ February 10, 2004, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: mahon72 ]

Originally posted by mahon72:

In the end, it's a big pain in the neck, but when the end result is CMBO looking terrain wise as good as CMAK it is most worth the effort.

I was going to say that this must be taking quite a bit of time and effort. There's got to be a list somewhere of what the terrain BMP numbers are. With all the modding out there, someone must have created one.

To take a screenshot hit printscreen and then paste the image into paintbrush or something. If you send the images to my e-mail I will optimize them and host them on a website for you. Just make the e-mail under 1mb so as to not clog the pipes and I'll have it up within 24 hours.

my e-mail is bmsardou(@)comcast.net

without the ()'s, I just used them to protect from spambots...do they visit here?

Originally posted by Lane:

Mahon 72,

On those screen shots with the snow on top of

of helment's and shoulders of Inf. Is that from

CMAK standard winter uniforms?

Thank's for any info

Lane smile.gif

Just to let you know, CMAK does not come with winter infantry uniforms or AFVs, but like CMBO it has slots for them.

Originally posted by Lane:

Mahon 72,

On those screen shots with the snow on top of

of helment's and shoulders of Inf. Is that from

CMAK standard winter uniforms?

Thank's for any info

Lane smile.gif

No, I used modded standard uniforms for CMBO and added the snow effect for each uniform myself in a paint program. It just did not seem right to have snow falling and no snow on the men.

• 3 months later...