Insignia? Rank Regiment etc..

Wouldn't it be sufficient with just textures, why a new model?

I've read that tanks are getting multiple decals somewhere down the road in a later module, so who knows, maybe? Though it would probably need a lot more coding than it deserves, like a whole new interface and menues to pick the regiment you'd want.

A simple mod that changes the textures to the right regiment is a viable solution I think. :)

It certainly is possible to have different texture sets for historical formations, but those would show up on EVERY soldier using the same texture in the game - everyhting else would indeed require additional coding.

Not that it'd make that much of a difference since you won't be able to recognize unit insignia unless completely zoomed in of course...

P.S.: I for one am one of those that know how to do it. But sthings like adding distinctive unit insignia is pretty simple and can be done by about anyone.