NO WeGo with LAN?

Do I have this correct. WEGO is only in PBEM and the archaic hotseat :D?

Man the last time I played hotseat was with Charles's Flight Commander II. Still have a copy excellent game. Never seen anything to replace it yet.

Ok I digress.

If no LAN in WEGO like CMx1? Really that hard to Program?

If not then maybe in the future.

Well it hasn't made it yet.

There was talk of a "halfway solution" of TCP/IP WEGO but with no replay option, but I'm sure we have covered this to death elsewhere several times already.

The simple answer is "CM:BN has the same network support as CM:SF".

I sincerely hope TCP/IP WEGO with replay does return but no sign of it yet.

Well it hasn't made it yet.

The simple answer is "CM:BN has the same network support as CM:SF".

I sincerely hope TCP/IP WEGO with replay does return but no sign of it yet.

Thanks Gibsonm. I was hopping for some (any) new feature to the CM:SF MP options. I know you will keep lobbying for us :D

Sure, but despite it being Christmas and all, I'm not sure why someone who contributed to the previous discussion wanted to raise it again and wasn't interested enough to post the link themselves.

Sorry Sir. I didn't remember the WEGO LAN aspect. Secondly I do not really know how to do it. I take it just copy the link? That simple....never did this in 9 years. My apologies.

+1 for WeGo TCP/IP even without replay from me, it was the way me and all my friends that playd CMx1 spent 90% of their time, the rest was in quick battles that are making their comeback....hoping to see TCP/IP restored to it's former glory. :D

Also, atleast in Finnish gaming magazines it was one of the praised key features of CMx1 and something that was raised up as a serious negative concern in every CMSF review.

I gave this some thought and came to the conclusion that this is one of those unwritten things. I've read Steve's posts regarding WeGo TCP/IP and I don't really see it discussed much on the forums, yet every person in real life that I've been converting from CMx1 to CMSF has brought up how great TCP/IP quick battles were in CMx1, the thing that made it reach classic status, and it's a huge bummer they aren't there anymore. Also, like I mentioned, all the Finnish reviews I have read point out the omission and substract it from the overall score.

Don't know if it's a cultural thing but atleast the Finnish CM scene lived and breathed TCP/IP quickbattles. :D PBEM is seen as archaic and clumsy (it is if you want to do normal paced gaming!) since we all playd PBEM VGA Planets since it was a huge deal in the largest gaming magazine back in, uhh, 1991. :D

My opinion is that if there were 2 important features that caused CMSF not to reach the similar classic status were the quick battles and the TCP/IP WEGO. The horrors of 1.0 or the modern, more niche setting are nothing in comparison.

This is coming from someone who played each and every CMx1 title to death (CMBB the most 'cus it had Finns and it was the decisive, epic front of the war) and bought CMSF the day it came out, found it a wee bit unplayable, helped troubleshoot QB and ATI bugs, stopped and then came back a year or two later, bought all the modules and CMA and is loving them. :D

Sorry Sir. I didn't remember the WEGO LAN aspect. Secondly I do not really know how to do it. I take it just copy the link? That simple....never did this in 9 years. My apologies.

Mate, no it's I who should apologise and thank you for bringing me back to earth. :)

And yes to insert a URL you can just copy and paste. You can alos use the "insert link" command (the chain and globe above) if you want to copy the link and give it a nice name.

+1 to TCP/IP "without" replay, because that is what is needed to get in the replay at one point.

+1000 to TCP/IP "with" replay. they day this is in CMx2 i will declare to a personal holiday day from then on every year. oh i cant wait... . multiplayer as it is now is all but fun to me.