Textures fooking up

Last night, I downloaded some texturepacks from Toms CM pages. The texures over there are great and always of great quality. But last night, something rather strange happend. I installed new Marder, Tiger and Wespe textures; but in game all the sudden my vehicles where compeltely messed up. My marders were textureless and my Tigers were completely covered with the track textures...When I tried to swap the textures with others it only got worse...any one with the same experience???

What platform are you on (Mac or PC) and what video card and drivers do you have loaded up ?

The 'track textures' was a problem that I've heard of on the Mac, but I'm not sure if someone has experienced it on the PC. There's a possibility that you may be going beyond your video card's capability to handle high-res textures which might result in the swapping of textures in video memory.

Im on Mac. But it was quite remakable that all the files who fooked up where ALL from Toms site, and all files who refused to Dl with IE5 but which downloaded just fine with OPERA 5.0. Ive got a G3 with 256Mb Ram which shoul dbe more then enough...I guess... smile.gif

Sounds like your resource files are full and/or corrupted. I'm not familiar with the Mac Mod Manager, but you may want to remove those mods (if possible). You may have to decide on what you want to load since your resource files are near their maximum size.

The memory issue is one of the video card's memory, not your system memory.

It's possible the files were corrupt, but there's also another explanation (or two).

Mac CM stores the textures in "resources" there's something like 12 of these resorce files. When you add stuff there's a chance of one file getting too big (something like 10+ megs). That's when CM starts doing strange things. If you can handle your ResEdit, you can simply copy some texture files from one recource file to another and all works fine again. If you don't know ResEdit, you can always try to learn. It's simple really, and then you can reinstall CM once you've broken it...

No G3 shipped with more than 16MB video card, many with less (4-16) so you might be hitting the ceiling. Depends on the G3 model, Blue&Whites have the 16MB card, beige ones had slow crap.

It shouldn't matter where you get your mods. Most of my mods are from Tom's site as well (props to Tom) but I have no problems with those. Don't try to mod everything, thats the key. Mod the vehicles you use most, also keep extra data files (as back up) on your HD. Another way is to have several data folders i.e. one for winter, one for summer.

Oh, dont get me wrong mate!!!! I think Toms mods are awesome, really, but someway or the other they seem to appear garbled (with my unzipper) i guess it s just as you say; not to mod EVERY vehicle and only those I love most. Thanks for the help mates!

I've had problems w/ the same Mods from Tom's site. Mac/DSL/thru a Router. Downloads an undersized .zip (79k for all of them IIRC) which is corrupted. I never tried to install them, so I'm not sure. It's only some Files from his Site, mainly Axis Vehicles. Went around the corner to a friend's Mac/Dialup & they DL'd just fine. I've e-mailed him describing it, but I had no other info to give him. Maybe your case could give him a useful trend to mull over, if it's pretty similar to mine.

Strt

Originally posted by McAuliffe:

What orignal BMPs would restore the haircolours ?

That would be the face textures. (I don't know the numbers off hand.)

Coming to think of it, I don't think your troops have white hair! What you see is their white scarves wrapped around the head to provide some warmth in the winter. (These were provided with some winter uniform mod...)

Cheers

Olle