Version 1.01.14765 Available

Brit

Notable Fixes/Improvements:

- Units will automatically capture resources and cities (with no defenders) if resources or cities are discovered

- Added the "Capitol" city-improvement. Only one capitol per nation. It gives a variety of advantages.

- Added a Large Factory city-improvement. The regular factory can be upgraded into a large factory.

- Changed the position of the city-window: it always appears on the left side of the application (instead of appearing in the center)

- Fixed Bug: VoiceChat data was sometimes taking a long time to reach the target

- PBEM, Fixed Bug: If a player creates a PBEM game while offline, the game warns the player.

- PBEM: Added a tab to the "PBEM Settings" window so players can see all the games on the server and their last update

- Rules Editor: city-improvements can be set to "one per nation" (like the capitol building)

- Rules Editor: Added a feature so that city-improvements can be upgraded (e.g. Factory can be upgraded to "Large Factory")

- Rules Editor: Added a feature so city-improvements can be automatically destroyed when captured (e.g. Capitols get destroyed)

Some cool stuff there Brit, thanks.

A couple of suggestions I've been thinking about: Could you tweak the amount of swamp and mountains that go into random maps? I still think there are too many large masses of mountains, and there is waay too much swamp IMO. I think some swamp around a thin strip of some coastline, and some more isolated patches inland would be plenty. Also it would be nice to get the same terrain and resources sliders like in the map editor when generating the random maps for an actual game.

Another suggestion I have made before and would be nice if it could be done, is to list the types of events in the EoS messenger. That way you would know if a turn has been submitted or a message has been posted.

A couple of suggestions I've been thinking about: Could you tweak the amount of swamp and mountains that go into random maps? I still think there are too many large masses of mountains, and there is waay too much swamp IMO. I think some swamp around a thin strip of some coastline, and some more isolated patches inland would be plenty. Also it would be nice to get the same terrain and resources sliders like in the map editor when generating the random maps for an actual game.

Okay, I've toned down the swamp a bit. I have to admit that I've noticed quite a bit of swamp on the maps, too.

Another suggestion I have made before and would be nice if it could be done, is to list the types of events in the EoS messenger. That way you would know if a turn has been submitted or a message has been posted.

Hm, I thought some of the events showed their event type. I'll take another look.

Thank you for another very nice patch.

I noticed you weren't able, at this time, to remove the "know all ai." Do you have any idea about how far into the future that will be?

I'm going to have to add some additional AI behaviors before that will work well. For example, the AI needs to run air-patrols and also be better about moving its ships around, and doing things like closing in on locations where submarines were recently seen.

Seems tactical bombers have an odd behaviour now. When they leave town to attack enemies automatically, they remain "stacked" with the target instead of returning home.

I tracked down the bug and fixed it. An update will be out soon.