Again with Shells and Trees

Ok so is this similar or the same thing as arty tree bursts?And if tank shells and rpg rounds are hitting branches, is arty tree bursts modeled?I dont recall seeing that at all.I just want to know if the developers intentionaly put tank shells exploding in trees into the game for realism?or is it some by product of the new engine?I dont think its in print anywhere in the manual.

There had in fact been complaints about trees too readily being destroyed by artillery in the game. So BFC bowed to pressure and made trees at bit sturdier. You can defoliate trees with artillery easy enough and eventually blast 'emm away but it dos take awhile. I could've sworn that happened the latest patch. Maybe I'm losing track and it was the one before.

!?!!? When were those complaints aired? (Or was it an internal function of BF.C's testing?) I still hold to my entmoot comments of...let me search...ah, here it is; May of 200_8_!

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=74625

So, for two and a half years (at least) the trees in game have been nigh on impervious to many rounds. Yes, leaves can be stripped off. (That is cool, by the way.) But branches suffer no effects from any amount of HE. Apparently, only a trunk hit affects the tree. I'd love to see another of my tank's main gun rounds hit a branch, but then see that branch or tree be destroyed. Clearing a fire zone of vegetation would be impressive. As it is, HE vs. trees mean the tree wins.

I'm still curious: when were trees deemed too flimsy?

Thanks,

Ken

(Hey, isn't it a good sign to be down to THIS type of detail about this game?)

I agree with c3K : trees branches should detonate HE round but they should be damaged/destroyed in the process. As it is now, HE rounds can hit repeatedly the same tree branches without any consequence for the tree. Not a showstopper by any means but it can be extremely frustrating...

Just played a game in NATO where my MBT continued to try and hit a BMP behind a *single* tree, but the angle was such that the only way to hit it was by firing through the tree. The MBT put atleast three rounds into the tree and all three detonated on the branches. Best part was that the BMP was also firing back but could not fire through the branches.

One of the those little things that still needs some work.